Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

June 15th, 2015 11:00

System Restore of Backup.wim File to New Hard Drive

Hi, I've had my Latitude E5510 hard drive replaced and the Windows 7 OP, Dell Backup and Recovery and Microsift Office has been re-installed by the service engineer. Prior to the hard drive being replaced I carried out a system backup to a external hard drive using Dell Backup and Recovery. The problem I am having is that when I try and restore the system backup to the new hard drive from the external hard drive it's not visible as an option on the backup and recovery drop down menu. Is there a reason for this and can someone help me restore my system backup please?

Many Thanks

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

June 15th, 2015 17:00

Hi Barry71,

The first thing I would try is to go to downloads and see if there's an updated version of DBAR. Updating the application solves lots of issues.

Did Dell perform the hard drive replacement and restoration of the OS?

2 Posts

June 16th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into and let you know how I get on.

Yes, Dell did perform the hard drive replacement and reinstallation of Win 7 on site with the driver updates completed over the phone via remote access. The technical support guy seemed stumped when It came to restoring my system back from the external hard drive. After 4hrs on the phone he advised he's going to escalate the issue and get back to me. I thought it would be pretty straight forward to restore the system back up using DBAR, but obviously not I guess. Thanks for your help.

No Events found!