Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2009 09:00

TEAC CA200 HH 13-1 Card Reader with Windows 7

Hello,

I have a dell Dimension 9200 and I have installed Windows 7 32 bits on it.
It works perfectly but... the only device which I have problem is the TEAC CA200 HH 13-1 Card Reader.

II don't found any suitable drivers for Windows 7 and this Card Reader.
I have tried to install the Windows Vista Driver but it doesn't work... included in Compatibility mode.

Could you tell me where I can found drivers for this Card Reader ?

Thanks in advance,

1 Message

November 16th, 2009 18:00

Ditto!  How frustrating!  It's just a card reader.  Where's the driver?

3 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 04:00

Résolu !

Ayant eu des problèmes avec les mémoires, le câble d'alimentation du CA200 a été deconnecté par inadvertance.

Merci de votre attention.

December 11th, 2009 12:00

I have the same exact problem Windows 7 and it suddenly will not work. I have had Xp and Vista on this computer and no problems with it, now it wont work with 7 let me know if you find a solution.

3 Posts

December 12th, 2009 02:00

Resolved! Having had problems with memory, the CA200 power cable has been inadvertently deconnecté. Thank you for your attention.

1 Message

December 21st, 2009 10:00

Any solution on this issue?

2 Posts

January 13th, 2010 16:00

Does somebody from Dell this read this forum? We need a driver for this card reader for Windows 7. Please!

14 Posts

January 13th, 2010 23:00

Hi,  I fond a site for TEAC CA200 HH 13-1 card reader, but it's for Inspiron 530/Inspiron 530S and i don't know whether it's suitble for your Dimension 9200. Although this is a chinese site,  you need just to click the red button to download the drive. BWT, i recommend a universal internal card reade instead without drive.

1 Message

February 7th, 2010 02:00

I'm still looking for a Windows 7 (32 bit) driver for the TEAC CA200 HH 13-1 card reader.  The upgrade from Vista worked fine except the only device that failed to work is the card reader.  I'm using the one on my Stylus CX7800 Epson printer instead.  It would be nice to have the reader on my Dell XPS 400 working but I guess I can live without it.  If anyone finds a driver please advise.  Thank you.

1 Message

February 12th, 2010 18:00

I have a Dell XPS 720 with a TEAC CA200 HH 13-1 card reader which stopped working after I upgraded to Windows 7.  Like you, after downloading and installing the driver update (using compatibility mode) I still had no luck. I couldn't find any solution on the Dell forums so I tried a google search and found a recommendation at the link below:

http://mccombinc.com/teac-ca200-windows-7-support/comment-page-1#comment-7

Their recommendation was that after installing the drivers, to open up the PC, disconnect the card reader and then re-connect it.  I did this with some trepedation, as I'm no computer expert; however it worked like a charm.  Once I restarted the computer, the card readers showed up as drives on the computer, as they had before I upgraded to Windows 7, and worked normally.

11 Posts

March 2nd, 2010 09:00

In the for what it's worth category:

I have XPS200 with XP-sp3 and TEAC CA200 13-1 card reader. Tried updating to newest driver (176587) and firmware (176603) - was under mistaken assumption that if Dell Support web site listed drivers/updates specifically for my service tag number they were updates I needed or were recommended - therefor I didn't write down the name/version number of the driver I had. (Dell Support site also had a longer list of drivers/updates for the XPS200 generally that I assumed I had either previously updated or were no longer applicable.)  The driver update/firmware failed. Device Manager listed an unknown device. During the 12 hours I tried fixing it I discovered: 1) Dell Support web site says we should write down our driver versions from Device Manager and then compare them to the versions on the Dell Support Driver page (!!!) and 2) others have had problems with the card reader and driver updates. Lesson learned is to do #1 then research #2 before updating any drivers.

Quit trying to fix the failed driver after everything I could find to do (System Restore didn't revert back to any previous driver, older DELL/TEAC drivers failed, installing firmware before/after driver, restarts with no DELL/TEAC driver hoping a default driver would load, etc.). Went to bed with wonderful thoughts about Dell, Microsoft, and TEAC. This morning, while added additional RAM memory, I removed the cable attached to the reader (as suggested above by kgsan). Started machine and discovered the XP gods had loaded a basic Windows driver and the card reader works - most importantly for the camera memory cards I use.

Your guess is as good as mine about what happened, but it works.  I don't intend to do any future driver updates (especially the DELL/TEAC driver 176587). Also won't risk running the firmware update (176603) unless someone tells me it won't harm the Windows driver and has features I can't live without.

Rick

No Events found!