Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2009 11:00

TEAC DVW28SLC ATA Device gone crazy!

Hi Over the last week or so the above device has gone a bit mad!

it started  by refusing to burn or even acknowledge

+RW blank discs

-RW blank discs

Dual layer disks

I have spent a lot of time and money getting different manufacturers disk to see if this might solve the problem with blank discs but it did not.

Then I played a DVD and now when I load any CD or DVD and try to explore it gives me the information as if the DVD I played was still in the drive?

I can play any DVD but this does not help me if I want to copy a file from a CD say to my hard drive as I cannot see the files. I can only see the information for the DVD I played?

Today I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it but I still get the same problems.

I would be most grateful for any help anyone can give me please.

Thank you Elly

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

September 10th, 2009 18:00

Hi, Elly:

This sounds to me like two different problems.

Let me take the second one first. If you remove a disc and put another disc in and the computer still thinks the first disc is in the drive, then you may have an autoplay problem, and the solution is to run the autoplay repair wizard.

The first problem may be solved by the same wizard. If not, go grab DVD Identifier (link below) and see if that program is able to read a blank DVD disc in the drive. This will tell us whether the drive is able to read blanks or not.

27 Posts

September 11th, 2009 00:00

Hello

Thank you for you reply.

I tried to run the autoplay repair wizard but I get this message

"Microsoft  Autoplay repair wizard has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly............."

I ran DVD Identifier and it recognised a blank -RW and a blank -R DL and Blank -R and blank +R Discs.

Please could you help me to get autoplay repair wizard to work properly thank you

No Events found!