Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2008 18:00

TSST TS-L632H will not burn anything.

My Dell D830 has been having problems off and on with the DVD burner. It seems that I can't even burn a CD. I can put a data cd in and it will recognize it. I can put in a music cd and it will also. But, when I put in a blank CD to burn, I get messages like: D:\ is not accessible  Incorrect function; or in windows media it says: no device detected. I have the latest firmware loaded. I have also tried different brands of CDs. I don't know where to get more info.

11 Posts

March 30th, 2008 22:00

When I go into the properties of the drive, there is no Recording tab. There is a General tab, an AutoPlay and a Hardware tab. I have clicked on all of them looking for "Enable CD recording on this drive". I can't find one anywhere. I did find a box labeled "Enable digital CD audio for the CD-ROM device" under Digital CD Playback, in the properties for the drive. But, I'm sure that is only for playback. That seems to be the problem. I checked on my desktop computer and the burner properties shows a recording tab. I have already donloaded and installed/flashed the latest firmware for the TSST TS-L632H, but it's still doing the same. As far as burning software, right now I'm just using Windows Media. Do you think by installing a third party burning software, that it will install some drivers that will give me the recording tab? It's worth a try, I guess.

10.9K Posts

March 30th, 2008 22:00

In My Computer, right-click the drive and select Properties.
Select the Recording tab.  Is the box checked for "Enable CD
recording on this drive
"?

What burning software are you using on your system?

10.9K Posts

March 31st, 2008 00:00

Review this Microsoft Article ..................

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316529

11 Posts

March 31st, 2008 01:00

I found the article just before I got your reply, but was hesitant about doing it mainly because it referred to CD Drives, not DVD Drives. Anyway, when I got your reply I was 99% sure this was the way to fix it. And even though I have not tried burning anything yet, I did check to see if the recording tab was there. It was! Many thanks to you!
No Events found!