Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2016 01:00

Trouble with Hard disc. Poor customer support.

My laptop stops responding several times in between the task, and whenever i change tasks (for eg switch to MS Office after web browsing). On running the diagnostics, I found that my HDD failed the short circuit test. Please let me know whether I need to replace the hard disc, or is it just the cable fault.

I also tried to restore my system to factory settings but the recovery media is not working. Can I use the same recovery discs on a new retailer hard disc.

And no one is responding on the customer support number.

Please help.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 5th, 2016 11:00

Is the system under warranty?  If so, call or chat with support and provide the exact error message.

If the system is out of warranty, support is through a pay-per-call system - it's no longer free of charge.  If you're seeing a 2000-0142 or 2000-0151 error, the drive needs to be replaced.  Your recovery media will work on a new hard drive (if however, the system won't boot from it, it's possible something else is wrong - an incorrect BIOS setting or a bad DVD drive, etc.).  We'll need to know what model system you have to assist further.

No Events found!