Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2005 14:00

Trouble with my HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N Drive

I have a Latitude D600 with a HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N DVD combo drive.  The system has stopped recognizing that my DVD drive is there.  In the device manager I get this device status message " Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".  I've uninstalled the device and reinstalled with the same results.  There are several people in my office who have the same system and I've swapped other DVD drives for mine on my system and get the same result.  Alternatively, my DVD drive will work on other peoples D600.  I've downloaded the firmware update from Dell for this drive and when I attempt to run the firmware executable, the program indicates it "Can't recognize the device".  Can anyone offer another possible fix to this problem?

10.9K Posts

March 3rd, 2005 18:00

This Dell Article should solve the problem  .............

10.9K Posts

March 3rd, 2005 20:00

Glad to hear the good news.  Best regards.

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2005 20:00

thanks for the reply.  The advice in the article worked perfectly and I now have use of my DVD drive once again.  This is the first time I've ever had any luck with seeking help from an online help forum!

2 Posts

March 7th, 2005 12:00

I have tried everything suggested here but my registry has not got upper and lower filters in the right pane.  My dvd rom (HL-DT-ST dvd-rom GDR 8082N USB DEvice) in the docking station cannot be recognised after and usb device is attached (eg printer).  I have to shut down laptop and leave (restart will not work) and then power up again (with no usb devices attached - I even have to detach broadband usb cable).  What is going on please?  Please help.  Damie

3 Posts

March 7th, 2005 15:00

A new problem has crept up since I've followed the previous article you suggested.  I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Basic on my laptop, and now when I attempt to copy a CD I get the following error message "Disc Copier could not locate a supported CD-ROM Reader.  You will not be able to make disc-to-disc copies."  Any help that could be provided would be great

Thanks

Scott

10.9K Posts

March 7th, 2005 18:00

I can not answer your question.  You may receive more help
if you post in the Latitude - External Peripherals board.

10.9K Posts

March 7th, 2005 18:00

Roxio Easy CD Creator is not detecting the drive.  Make sure
you have the latest update from the ROXIO Web Site.  The one
you want is at the bottom of the page here ...........

1 Message

March 30th, 2005 16:00

Many thanks for this link - it's solved my problems re cd drive not being recognised

1 Message

July 20th, 2019 17:00

hi, want to try your solution, but can't open the dell article for some reason. any thoughts?

• 

16.7K Posts

July 23rd, 2019 06:00

Eugeniuz,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number. Also, what is the issue with the drive?

No Events found!