Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

October 16th, 2014 20:00

Windows 7 Explorer cannot see files on disk

I burned a disk with roxioburn, maybe a year ago.  I have windows 7 on my 2010 dell.  You can look at the disk and see that it burned.  When I insert the disk and click on Roxio, it shows the disk is almost full.  When I click the Roxio menu item Explore, it shows the disk is empty and ready to burn.  I can copy the disk and you can see 6 files in the Roxio temp folder.  I wrote 6 folders of pictures to the disk.  But even when you copy the disk to another disk, windows explorer shows nothing.  I would really like to retrieve these pix and put them on an external hard drive.  Any help would be appreciated.  thanks.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

October 18th, 2014 05:00

Hi cookiefairie,

Have you tried a different computer? 

October 18th, 2014 07:00

Yes, at a local computer repair store and Best Buy.  Windows Explorer showed nothing on their machines as well.

October 18th, 2014 17:00

Thanks, I'll try that.  I don't have any other copies of these pictures.  And thanks for taking the time to look at my problem.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

October 18th, 2014 17:00

Sorry to hear about that. I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Do you have these pictures saved anywhere else?

You might Google "CD recovery" utilities. They can sometimes read files on a disc even when the file table is corrupted.

124 Posts

October 18th, 2014 19:00

I know that this kind of obvious but it is Roxio, did you finalize the burn?

October 18th, 2014 20:00

I did.  I know you have to ask. :) 

No Events found!