Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 29th, 2009 08:00

blu-ray burner availability

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice.  I configured a Studio XPS 16 laptop in mid December and had the configuration emailed to me.  It included the i7 CPU and a blu-ray burner.  About a week later I went back via the emailed link to purchase the system.  It was scheduled to ship in approx. the 3rd week of January.  Just back home from the holiday, I find an email confirmation yesterday and see the system is to ship in late December.  As I'm looking at the specs I noticed it said DVD/CD burner, not blu-ray burner.  I've spoken to a few different Dell departments and it appears the blu-ray burner is out of stock for Dell and not offered on any system.  I'm guessing this happened at some point between the time I built the system and the time I purchased it.  Unfortunately I didn't notice the change to that option.  The Dell site says the unit has not shipped, but Dell is telling me it is/has shipped.

So, does anyone know anything about the lack of a blu-ray burner option throughout all Dell lines?  Did they really just run out of stock?  They are saying it should be available in mid-late January,

They've also told me my best option is to cancel the order (or return it when it arrives since it is in shipping), and to wait and re-order when the option is available.  They made it sound like there would be no restocking fee, but I haven't actually spoken to that department yet.

Any suggestions/information would be great.  Thanks, Mike

1 Message

March 7th, 2010 11:00

Hi Everyone!

Studio 15 - 1557 and 1558

I am seeing if anyone knows of an update regarding the Blu-Ray drives in the studio systems. I have spoken to several of the 'agents' and they seem just as confused as me! Some say that it is now avaiable but not on the site and only through them?! The ones that say I can have it assure me that Dell has solved and sorted all compatability problems... Hmmmm Really?

Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Benson

No Events found!