Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2008 06:00

disc not loaded in drive's write strategy list?

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron 531 with dvd drive TSSTcorp H653B and recently Nero has given me an error when trying to burn a cd, it said the disc was not in the drive's write strategy list. It only seems to do this on a certain brand of disc, but I'm not sure. It worked before, so I am wondering if its the updated firmware that messed it up?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 15th, 2008 10:00

I see your thread in Afterdawn. So the brand in question would be what?

This problem is caused by a poorly engineered media ID (MID), usually the result of bad quality media. Either the software/drive does not recognize the MID or reads it incorrectly and can't figure out what to do.

1.5K Posts

May 15th, 2008 15:00

@osprey4 wrote:
I see your thread in Afterdawn.

Aha !!!    I'm not the only one to browse that (questionable) forum ???:smileyvery-happy:

I mentioned that forum by name here on the Dell forum a few years ago and the thread got removed because of forbidden content, lol....

(a "tongue 'n cheek" post here; just for ha-ha's and smiles today..)

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 15th, 2008 22:00

Really? Give me a break!

I link to Videohelp all the time but no one seems to care (long as I'm not linking to any forbidden utilities).

27 Posts

May 16th, 2008 09:00

they are TDK cd-r's that I bought from costco, and they are the different color cd's

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 16th, 2008 09:00

TDKs are made by a variety of manufacturers. Go get CDR Identifier to see who made yours.

1.5K Posts

May 16th, 2008 11:00

@osprey4 wrote:

Really? Give me a break!

I link to Videohelp all the time but no one seems to care (long as I'm not linking to any forbidden utilities).

Yup..  But in all truthfullness, I did touch on a slightly hot topic about making a copy of a video movie and I guess I crossed over the line a bit as far as copyrighted stuff goes. So I admitted my guilt, and all was well again in the land of Oz....:smileyvery-happy:

Enjoy the upcoming weekend guys... :smileyhappy:

Looks like showers here in New England, darn it.....:smileysurprised:

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 16th, 2008 11:00

Tommy, the weather here would make you feel very much at home. :)

No Events found!