Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 20th, 2012 21:00

help my inspiron 570 don't play or burn disc!!!

hello people i need help how to fis this issue with my inspiron destop 570 it has less than a month that i brougth it, i try to play or burn a disc and juts no works!

the drive looks installed ok(dvd rw drive (d:) but it don't play nothing, i check it out with pc doctor and it show me  this Failed (Error code: WCD44-ZIO)

please help!!!!!!!!!!:emotion-6:

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2012 05:00

Your drive has failed and needs to be replaced.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 21st, 2012 05:00

Hi Scualo,

Please perform the Dell diagnostics on your drive according to the procedure I have linked to below. Be sure to put a data CD in the drive when performing the read test.

8 Posts

February 21st, 2012 11:00

still the same, not fix

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 21st, 2012 17:00

This is a test, not a fix. Did the test pass or fail?

8 Posts

February 21st, 2012 22:00

yes it fail, this is what i get

"i get this after a diagnostic  ......

Spindle Test

Test Started 2/20/2012 2:55:48 PM

Error Message: Drive reported a failure. 2/20/2012 2:55:53 PM

Test Finished: Failed (Error code: WCD44-ZIO) 2/20/2012 2:55:53 PM"

8 Posts

February 22nd, 2012 22:00

yup it was a faulty dvd room  drive, so i contacted a dell suport and they send a tecnical to remplaced with another drive dvd,so all good now,thankyou for your help and suport osprey 4

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 23rd, 2012 05:00

Glad to help!

May 12th, 2013 16:00

I have dell vostro 3500 series laptop with windows 7 OS. And I am facing some problems with . WHen I turn on my laptop ., I am getting the following error message

" Reatek PCIe GBE family controller series v2.35(06/14/10)

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

Reboot and select proper boot device

or insert Boot media in selected boot device and press a key "

Can Anyone please advice me on how to fix this error

Thanks a lot

1.5K Posts

May 14th, 2013 06:00

Hi delluser3500,

It can be issue with hardware or with Windows corruption. Please run diagnostics on the system to confirm hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.

If the test pass, boot the system to BIOS and check if the hard drive is getting detected and is selected as first boot device. Here are the steps to boot to BIOS:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F2' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Under the 'Main' tab, check if hard drive is getting detected against 'Internal HDD' option.

• Navigate to 'Boot' tab and make sure that the hard drive is selected as first boot device.
  • Restart the system and check.

If the above steps doesn't work, please try restoring the system to Last Good Known Configuration. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F8' key to enter the 'Windows Advanced Options' menu.
  • Use the Arrow keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.

Note: After you start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature, changes that were made since the last successful startup are lost.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

May 14th, 2013 16:00

Hi thank you for your reply.

I did the diagnostics test and it gave me a warning error on hard drvice test

and it said no hard drive detected.

And after I pressed f2 , I  checked if hard drive is getting detected against internal HDD, it says " Not present"

SO what does that indicate?

DO I have problems with hard drive?does it need to be replaced?

If yes how can I back up my data from this HDD

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 14th, 2013 17:00

Hi Delluser3500,

Yes, I'm sorry to say your hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced. Is your laptop still under warranty?

1.5K Posts

May 15th, 2013 06:00

Hi Delluser3500,

Thank you for sharing the information.

I will recommend that you try to remove and reseat the hard drive once and check if it gets detected in BIOS. You may refer to the Service Manual for instructions on removing and reseating the parts. Please follow the safety instructions mentioned on the manual.

If the issue still persist, then as correctly stated by Osprey4 you may consider replacing the hard drive. You may contact a local technician who can assist you to backup the data or you may contact Gillware as Dell has an agreement with Gillware (www.gillware.com).

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

May 15th, 2013 18:00

so If I order a new hard drive . will i be able to transfer data from my old drive?

1.5K Posts

May 16th, 2013 12:00

Hi Delluser3500,

Yes, you can backup the data from the old hard drive, but you will need to contact a local technician or third party vendors for assistance in backing up the data. If you are comfortable removing the hard drive then you may connect it to a hard drive enclosure and connect to another system to backup data from it.

Please reply if you have any questions.

No Events found!