Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

October 27th, 2009 13:00

tsst l632d will not burn cd's

I have a inspiron 1501 it has a tsst l632d dvd/cd drive , have just recently updated the drive and bios. my problem is i can read and wright dvd's and read cd,but it wil not burn cd's. I haved tried 2 different programs to burn both with same result at the end of the burn computer stares the burn was succesful, but the cd is blank.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

October 27th, 2009 17:00

Hi, wed8273:

Can you tell me two things. First, what brand and speed CD-R are you using? Second, what programs have you tried?

I also want you to try one thing if you have Nero. Pop a blank CD-R in the drive and open the Nero Infotool. Then use that utility to look up the media code for that blank CD-R.

2 Posts

October 28th, 2009 07:00

I'm using tdk cd-r80 abd the speed is  52x. The two programs I used a roxio creator 2009 and windows media player. I do not have nero

December 11th, 2009 23:00

I have the exact same problem. I can only write Dvd's but not cd's. Also after using nero on a cd, it shows blank and unusable again. A new problem is it is not reading dual layer dvd as well.

Also can someone suggest me a driver for it? I have m1710 with that drive and am using win7, so a vista driver will be fine.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 12th, 2009 05:00

Hi, thegr8anand:

If you have Nero, use the Nero Infotool with a blank CD in the drive. If Infotool can read the blank properly, then that confirms the CD laser is likely operating properly. Please let me know what you find.

December 14th, 2009 02:00

Well after writing the cd, nero show it unusable again and asks me to insert a blank disc. Though Windows 7 still treats it as a blank disc but nero doesn't.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 15th, 2009 05:00

It's hard to tell if this is a hardware or software problem based on your description. It appears your drive is capable of reading blank CDs but Nero is having trouble. I think the problem is Nero itself. You might just want to use W7 to write to CDs.

No Events found!