Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 8th, 2010 09:00

Control Center upgrade 6.0 to 6.1 UB7

Hi Chaps,

We are planning to upgrade our ECC environment from 6.0 to 6.1 UB7. Can anybody please guide me how to start planning and doing the upgrade.

It would be good if any has any documents that I can read and start the upgrade.

Thanks everybody!

Bannu.

2.1K Posts

March 9th, 2010 07:00

Is there something specific you are looking for beyond what is already available on Powerlink? All the documentation you require is available there and I would strongly suggest that you go through it all carefully before proceeding. You should review all the documents you would for a fresh new install, as well as the upgrade guide. The upgrade guide is great, but there are a few things you should probably know that you will find only in the full install guide.

99 Posts

March 10th, 2010 12:00

Hi Allen,

I never did this ECC upgrade before. So, I want to know(or worrying) if there is anything else apart from documentation helps me out. Where can I find the full install guide.

Thanks,

Bannu,

99 Posts

March 10th, 2010 13:00

Thanks for your quick response Allen.

So, in order to start the upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1UB7, the upgrade guide and planning and installation vol1 guide is enough right?

Thanks again.

2.1K Posts

March 10th, 2010 13:00

I'd say the best way to find it (since it also gets you to a lot of other useful resources) is to go to the main Powerlink page, select the Support menu, then select Support by Product. Once you get there select ControlCenter from the Manage section and you will be in "ControlCenter Knowledge Central".

You should be able to find the Planning and Installation manual for 6.1 somewhere near the top right corner of this page.

2.1K Posts

March 11th, 2010 11:00

They contain everything you should need to know to complete the actual upgrade process.

You may also want to review the Performance and Scalability doc and the Support Matrix to make sure you aren't going to upgrade yourself into a corner. I believe the upgrade guide likely refers you there as well to make sure you have considered everything you need to, but if not then grab these and review them as well.

Do you have an EMC Account team you can lean on to at least review your plans? They may be able to do this without actually engaging Professional Services, but that will likely depend on your relationship with your account team. My TC used to be a Solutions Architect specializing in ControlCenter, so I had some additional support. Honestly though, if you are thorough in your research and planning, the whole thing should go smooth.

No Events found!