Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 24th, 2009 12:00

ControlCenter 6.1 and Brocade SMI EOS Agent Install Issue

Recent 6.1 upgrade, Connectrix Mgr 9.7.3. For discovering/monitoring of our ED-140M switches, have tried to install this agent which we downloaded from PowerLink. We want to do agent discovery via Connectrix Mgr. The install goes ok (on a different host, not on the Connectrix Mgr host), until you get the point where it tests the connection between the agent and the "management platform server (Connectrix Mgr/EFCM).", it fails at this point. I have a case open with EMC, have read all of docs, but no where does it spell out what it is trying to connect to on the host where Connectrix Mgr is installed.

472 Posts

March 24th, 2009 14:00

Hi David,

Yep, nothing in the Brocade docs apart from the following:

Click Test Connection to test the connection settings for the EFCM/DCFM server. A message displays to verify whether the test succeeded or failed.

¿ If the user ID or password fails, a message explains that the user ID used could not be validated.
¿ If the network address fails, a message explains that the server could not be found at the address.
¿ If the test succeeds, a message explains that the server was found and user ID validated.

Regards,
Séamus Coffey
EMC Global Services

March 26th, 2009 08:00

I have the same issue. Can you get into the configuration tool with the default Administrator/password account?

You need to get in there and configure the ports that communicate back to the FCC agent. Also you need create an account on the SMI agent that FCC is able to use as well as EFCM/DFCM.

The user account that communicated to EFCM needs to have admin priv and also SNMP traps have to be setup to the SMI agent server from EFCM server.

1 Message

August 14th, 2009 08:00

Found out that, even after the modification to the default IP address, it does not update the return address until the SP is rebooted.

Message was edited by:
WSDave

12 Posts

August 14th, 2009 08:00

I did finally find an answer in a Brocade document entitled, "FAQ: ECC 6.1 and Brocade SMI-S Agents EMC & Brocade internal use only Version 14.1 (21 Jan 2009). It is listed under item #30. "We have connection issues between the provider host running M-EOS 2.5 and the Connectrix Manager host. The CM host had Dual NICs. One interface talks to the public network and the other talks to the private network where the McDATA switches are. .....
You need to configure the CM return address in the CM client.
Since the host which runs the CM has dual IP configured, CM server is selecting the server connection IP dynamically which SMI (EOS) Agent is not able to pick. We need to set the CM host IP address directly in the IP configuration tab instead of the default one (Automatic). .. Brocade is also going to include these configuration steps inthe Fusion 2.6.1 installation guide."

50 Posts

August 24th, 2009 14:00

can you provide the link for the document you mentioned?
looks like i have the same problem. I am getting this error message.
"cannot find management platform server at X.X.X.X".
also, where do we configure the IP? is it on the connectrix manager host or the smi agent host?
Also, where to download the agent from? i downloaded SMI agent for EOS version 2.7 from brocade site and installed it on the same host as the fcc agent. is this ok?

Message was edited by:
JRP

Message was edited by:
JRP

472 Posts

August 25th, 2009 09:00

Hi,

The latest SMI & EOS agents and docs can be downloaded from:

http://www.brocade.com/services-support/drivers-downloads/smi-agent/application_matrix.page

Re configuring the EOS Agent - it can communicate with the McData switches via the Management Platform (Connectrix Manager IP address) or via Direct Connection (when CM is not installed in the environment).

The FCC Agent can be installed on the same host as the EOS Agent as long as the host has sufficient processing power.

Regards,
Séamus Coffey
EMC Global Services

5 Posts

March 22nd, 2010 14:00

Hi all,

I have manually enetered the IP configuration details in CM, but still i am unable to communicate to SMI agent. Kindly can anyone help me out on this.

Is there any way to restart the Connectrix Manager application, if so please send me the procedure how to do it,......

472 Posts

March 24th, 2010 04:00

Hi,

If you have checked all the Brocade EOS documentation and the problem still persists, then it may be best to open a SR.

Regards,

Séamus Coffey

Ionix ControlCenter

No Events found!