Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 16th, 2020 10:00

Duplicate/Orphaned Disk in Dell Storage Manager following Failed Disk Replacement

We have Dell Storage Manager 2016 R3 managing a Dell Compellent SC8000 storage array. A colleague recently performed drive replacement of a failed disk following the Disk Replacement Wizard. All appears fine hardware wise, and the disk view in Dell Storage Manager shows all green to match this, but the original failed disk still shows under the disks view along with the new disk. Essentially Dell Storage Manager shows 2 disks under the same slot after the replacement. This looks to be an orphaned item in the database as everything else appears OK. If I try and delete the old failed disk it will not let me as there is a disk in the slot (the healthy replaced disk) Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean this up? It almost looks like an orphaned entry in the Storage Manager database which requires clean up.

• 

7.1K Posts

June 17th, 2020 11:00

Hello DireGight,

What is your current SCOS version running on your SC8000?  Do you have secure console enabled on your SC8000?  If you do, I am sending you a private message and if you can send me your controller serial# so that I can look at your system.  Here is the link on how to enable secure console if you need it. https://dell.to/2Y8UD6P

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 18th, 2020 03:00

Hi Dell-SAML,

Thanks for responding.

OS version is 7.1.12.2 on the SC8000. I will send you a private message for further interaction.

July 6th, 2023 05:00

Hello, 

I had the same issue on the SC3020. May you share the proceedure to me as well? Thank you

• 

7.1K Posts

July 7th, 2023 04:00

Hello Danny Bejjani,

How many drives are failed in your system?  In the previous issue there were many drives that were failed and needed to be replaced.  Once drives were replaced then the system started working as normal.

1 Message

February 15th, 2024 21:24

Hi there,

we have similar issues at site, after a down disk has been replaced, multiple disks appear in the same slot. two with a red mark and one without any alarm, please assist.

• 

3.4K Posts

February 16th, 2024 08:39

Hi,

What is the Compellent model are you having issues with, also what is the SCOS? Do you have a screenshot of the mentioned issue? Do you have a picture of the replacement disk?

No Events found!