Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2012 10:00

Trend report for thin pools in VMAX from storage scope

Hello, I need to generate reports from storage scope which will have the usage trend of thin pools on our VMAX. Here are the details. We have 3 VMAX in our environment which we are using (only) with thin pools. Each VMAX has multiple pools with different drive tech and protection. All pools are over subscribed. I have to generate a report from Storage scope, which will have graphical representation of the utilisation trend of thin pools for each VMAX, ie each VMAX should have separate graph, with line plots representing the pools in different colours. Can you please help me with the step by step procedure to generate such a graph

thanks

59 Posts

January 20th, 2012 08:00

In SRM UI drill down, Analysis -> SRM Views -> Thin Pools, it shows 12 month storage growth for all the thin pools. Then if you click each thin pool, you will get 12 month trend graph for each pool.

To get pool usage for each array and draw line chart, you will need to create custom snapshot using the  SQL you create or copy from query builder.

To create array thin pool usage trend from query builder:

1. Select historical data

2. Select arrays object

3. Select column: Date, Array Name, Thin Pool Used

4. Filter on the arrays you want and sort by array and date

Then create custom snapshot, Copy the SQL from query builder. Modify the SQL to make it has meaningful column label. Choose line chart. And Add the snapshot to dashboard. it will show you the line graph.

No Events found!