Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 6th, 2013 06:00

SavVol Question Relating to E20-324 and E20-545 Courses

Hi,

I am currently preparing for the VNX certification as part of the EMCTA but I've come across some inconsistencies around SavVol capacity in a VNX that I need clarified. The slides describing SavVol size are different on both courses, the notes under each slide are different again, and the instructor contradicts the slide in the E20-324 course!

Here's what is said:

If PFS <64MB then SavVol is 64MB  - General agreement here although the 324 course uses 64MiB (we'll let that one go!)

If PFS <10GB and PFS >64MB then SavVol = PFS size  - Instructor and 545 course agree with this, the 324 course says 20GiB rather that 10GB. The instructor also says 10GB but I know the exams tend to rigidly follow what was in the course notes. Which should i follow for the exam purposes?

Finally

If PFS >10GB the SavVol = 20GB  -  Again 545 course slide  agrees, but instructor says SavVol would start at 10GB in this case. The 324 course says if PFS > 20GiB the SavVol is 20GiB but the instructor disagrees with this as well!

So my simple questions are -

1) What is the official version of the rules determining SavVol size (from an exam perspective)?

2) Would we be expected to give two different answers when taking these 2 exams?

Thanks

Ernest

December 6th, 2013 11:00

Here's the official word from the Using VNX Snapsure v8.1 document:

If PFS > 20 GB, then SavVol = 20 GB.

If (PFS < 20 GB) and (PFS > 64 MB), then SavVol = PFS size.

If PFS < 64 MB, then SavVol = 64 MB, which is the minimum SavVol size.

It seems that the size [10 GB / 20 GB] has changed in the last while.

For exam purposes, go with the material that matches the version of the exam you're taking.

11 Posts

December 9th, 2013 01:00

Thanks Andre. I'm sure it will only be one question on the various exams, but when you are studying via Video ILT and can't ask questions direct these points of confusion crop up from time to time. And you never know - that could be the critical points betwreen success and failure :-)

1 Message

January 7th, 2014 03:00

I would like to take E20-324 Exam. Kindly confirm the new additional syllabus after 3rd of Jan 2014.

633 Posts

January 7th, 2014 05:00

You can find the updated exam description for E20-324 here: VNX Solutions Design Exam for Technology Architects

The recommended training for this exam includes a series of eLearnings and the course VNX Unified Storage Solutions Design. You can find the whole learning path for Technology Architects with course descriptions on this page: VNX Solutions Technology (EMCTA) Track (EMC Partners Only)

No Events found!