Unsolved

M1

1 Message

September 21st, 2022 00:00

Support Assist ' Get Driver & Downloads' shows 'An unexpected error occured'

Dell G3 15 3500

Dell G3 15 3500

Hi

Please help. I'm getting An unexpected error occurred when running the 'Get Drivers & Downloads' on the Dell Support Assist 3.11.4, Windows 11

2 Intern

• 

385 Posts

September 25th, 2022 08:00

This is a known problem that several are having. My advice is to leave SA and let it automatically update when dell have manage to solve this problem. When that happens it should automatically update in the background. When that happens is yet to see. Don't hold your breath.

Instead you can find your drivers manually on Dell's website for your model and service tag.

3 Posts

September 28th, 2022 03:00

having same issue on my Alienware x17 R1. Currently my version is 3.11.4.29, guess it has to be some recent update Dell\Microsoft pushed. I am tired of wasting my time troubleshooting every time support assist breaks. 2 months back it was the .net update MS pushed. If anybody has solution please let me know.   

31 Posts

March 1st, 2023 23:00

Yeah I know I'm a little late to this party (lol) but while using SupportAssist to download & install a Killer PCIe Ethernet Controller Driver that SupportAssist said was available AND critical for my Alienware M17 R2 recently, I received an Unable To Install error. Why am I not surprised? So that was the last time I ever went through Dell Support for anything. I uninstalled & wiped anything & everything Dell SupportAssist related from my pc & now I use a small, simple but very reliable driver searching app called DriverIdentifier and it hasn't failed me or failed to find up-to-date drivers even Dell doesn't put out on their Dell Support Drivers & Downloads site. Trust me when I say that I know all the risks from using driver finding programs or sites other than the pc manufacturer, but Dell gave me no choice but to search for someone other than their worthless support system and I believe DriverIdentifier is completely legit. Try it & thank me later. 

No Events found!