Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 5th, 2018 09:00

[CLOSED] OMSA never upgrades through SupportAssist

I cannot get SA to upgrade OMSA. I pick a server that says New version of OMSA available. Then tell it to Install/Upgrade OMSA.

It switches to Installing OMSA for a minute then back to New version of OMSA available

How do I complete the upgrade successfully.

9 Posts

April 10th, 2018 05:00

Yes and no.

I found the reason OMSA upgrades failed is the version of OMSA SupportAssist was trying to install 9.1 is not compatible with Server 2008r2. It would actually corrupt the OMSA installation and require a manual uninstall/reinstall of 8.4 to be functional again.

Not sure why Dell SupportAssist is pushing a version of OMSA that breaks itself because it is not compatible.

1 Message

April 9th, 2018 18:00

Have you managed to solve this?

45 Posts

May 24th, 2018 22:00

Hi,

i have the same Problem, but my Servers are 2012R2.

The most have OMSA 8.4. Pls don't tell me, that i have to uninstall it manually on all systems 

Br

Sergej

March 4th, 2019 06:00

Resurrecting this almost exactly one-year-old post from the dead to point out that SAE did the same stupid thing this weekend with OMSA 9.2 on WS2012. 9.1 is the end of the road for WS2012.

Dell, please make SAE aware of OMSA/OS version compatibility and don't attempt an upgrade that will fail.

Better still, don't stop supporting OMSA upgrades until Microsoft stops supporting the Windows version it runs on.

No Events found!