Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 26th, 2019 15:00

Migrate Dell Support Assist to new server

Hi!

I need to migrate my Dell Support Assist to a new server. I'm looking for the best steps/pratices and how to do it.

Thank you!

• 

790 Posts

September 30th, 2019 01:00

Hi andre.avelar,

to be honest, I can't tell you if it will work. Never had such a situation before and never tested it.

Give it a try

If it works, fine.

If not, reinstall and reconfigure it.

Let me know if it was possible to migrate it.

Thanks
Stefan

September 27th, 2019 04:00

Hi, Stefan. Thank you for the answer.

Unfortunately it is not a VM.

If i convert the whole disk of this server to a VHD using disk2vhd and start it as VM, SA will work properly?

• 

790 Posts

September 27th, 2019 04:00

Hi Andre,

officially, there is no way to migrate SA from one system to another. It is tied to the OS ID of the actual installation.

Options are there if you have it installed on a VM, so you can move the one then. Or if you are able to move the whole disk set of your RAID into the other server.

But there is no option to migrate / backup / export / import configuration data.

If you don't have one of the above available, you have to install SAE on the new system (maybe this time within a VM) and do the configuration tasks again. Means, discovering the systems, creating groups, adding contact information and so on.

I know that this is not the answer you hoped to get, but as mentioned, right now we do not have any other way of migrating an installation of SupportAssist Enterprise.

Cheers
Stefan

No Events found!