This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

C

1 Rookie

• 

18 Posts

May 21st, 2018 12:00

SA, latest version not working

I downloaded the latest version of SA (Support Assist) (Version 2) a few days ago.When I try to open it, it tries to load but won't load properly (icon just continues to flash and flash), with a message that optimization tools are loading.

The same problem occurs when I try to open it as administrator. There is no option to repair this app when I go to Settings. The only 2 options are "modify" or "uninstall"

This new version of Support Assist is installed on both my XPS 8930.

Is any body else having a problem with this latest version? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

1 Message

December 15th, 2018 07:00

I updated to the latest patch 12/12/18 and it has not fixed my support assist problems.  Does not work

December 16th, 2018 18:00

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

December 16th, 2018 21:00

Hi Perinkulam, Can you explain what kind of error you are facing with SupportAssist? Which version of SupportAssist installed on your system? Thanks DELL-NikhilK #iworkforDell

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

December 16th, 2018 22:00

Hi Bobz6,

Can you explain what kind of error you are facing with SupportAssist?

Which version of SupportAssist installed on your system?

Thanks

DELL-NikhilK

#iworkforDell

2 Posts

December 17th, 2018 02:00

I get the same with the version hanging - version 3.0.2.48. I cant use dell support at all for an issue as it just tells me to install Dell SupportAssist even though its already installed.

Its only since updating to this version its stopped workingUntitled.png

2 Posts

December 21st, 2018 12:00

any update on this

5 Posts

December 28th, 2018 15:00

Version 3.0.2.48

Worked fine 12-3 when I installed a system BIOS update, and drivers and a few other things including Local Mgmt Service. Windows updates on 12/6 and 12/21.

Having issues with computer freezing up yesterday and today and wanted to run SA. It opens and shows loading, dots progressing, and then just disappears 

Still running windows 7

2 Posts

January 4th, 2019 23:00

Hi!

Good Day,

I bought my new Dell G3 i5 3579, unfortunately i am experiencing problems with this unit. When I first powered on the unit, I noticed that it is too slow to boot. Then while using it gradually it always gets system hang and stuck every moment. It can't even handle 4 tabs on my google chrome.

Also this SupportAssist  is not working.And it automatically removes itself from the laptop, when i click the supportassist icon it a notification appears that there's no existing application. Then after I restart the unit, it comes back again and sometimes run, sometimes if i'm lucky it will update but will reach 70% then it will stop. I can't even click the icons. It says there's 4 drivers to upgrade but it won't update.

kinda disappointed to dell with this.

January 25th, 2019 20:00

I have had issues with Support Assist for months now, even after reading through the forums and trying almost every solution suggested. Where is Dell? Why can't they fix this or even acknowledge it exists? My laptop is less than a year old and I'm just about through with Dell.....I don't have time to deal with this issue anymore. Maybe I'll use my Dell "insurance" and have someone come to my house and fix it in front of me.

1 Message

January 28th, 2019 09:00

Hello. The work around I have found to work is to download Dell SupportAssist app from the Microsoft store. Install then run the app.

1 Message

January 30th, 2019 12:00

That works, thank you.

1 Message

February 1st, 2019 10:00

3 Posts

February 1st, 2019 11:00

The first recorded complaint to this board was May 2018 and it probably started well before that!.

As a major IT company is Dell incapable of responding to complaints from existing users? Maybe they are focused on attracting new buyers to a badly flawed system.

Does anybody have contacts amongst IT journalists who might expose this ignorance by a 'major 😁computer wrangler'?

2 Posts

February 4th, 2019 10:00

Yes, I found that this route - downloading the app from Microsoft UK rather than directly from Dell - worked for me too. I'm a computer novice, so I haven't the faintest idea why that would have worked. But at least it did.  

48 Posts

February 7th, 2019 22:00

Yes, if I right click on the icon in my start menu and check the version in windows apps settings (right click, then more, app settings)it is listed as 3.1.30.0.  But the program downloaded in Programs and Features is 3.1.0.142 which I believe is the current version that can be downloaded today.  This is also the version if I go to W10 apps and check the version.  So W10 is telling me there are 2 versions on my machine?  I am guessing (not a computer expert by a long shot) that the icon has not been updated version wise since it appears to have no connection to a program.  Maybe still thinking it is connected to an older version which no longer exists.  Probably at least one reason nothing is launching.

No Events found!