Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2017 02:00

SupportAssist Optimize My System tool not functioning

Hi,

I have Dell SupportAssist (v.2.0.6875.668) and SupportAssistAgent (v.2.0.1.7) installed on my Dell Inspiron 11 3000 laptop. Hardware Checkup function, etc. works fine. However nothing happens when I click on the Optimize My System tile. Please advise solution.

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

October 4th, 2017 08:00

Hi Rimau71,

SupportAssistAgent 2.0.3 is in production now can you try to update it and check the behavior.

For SAAgent update manually, make sure you have active internet and then perform below steps.

1. Open Windows Task Scheduler.

2. Go to task Scheduler Library and search for DellSupportAssistAgentAutoUpdate task.

3. Right click on the task and click on Run, wait for task to complete and then check the Agent version in control panel.

Thanks

DELL-Nikhil K

October 4th, 2017 13:00

I have 5 Dell T3500 workstations with various fully patched operating systems where NONE of the options under Optimize My System with DellSupportAssistAgent v2.03.10 run for me.  Hangs at "Preparing..."

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

October 5th, 2017 22:00

Hi RickRockwell,

Can you check with Dell Tech Support because they can help you better, in case they will not able to solve your issue then they will collect all the required logs and send it to us.

Thanks

DELL-Nikhil K

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

October 5th, 2017 22:00

Hi RickRockwell,

It will be good if you can share the below logs with me also and meanwhile you can contact Dell Technical Support Team.

1. Go to C:\ProgramData\SupportAssist\Client\Agent\logs and capture ApplicationLogs folder.

2. Go to C:\programdata\supportassist\client\SRE and collect JSONFromDELL, JSONFromSRE & ExceptionLog.log (if any) do not collect LocalDB folder & Extendedlogs.

3. Go to C:\programdata\supportassist\client\TTK\Library and collect Logs folder.

4. Screenshots (if any)

I'll share my mail ID separately for that i'll send you friend request over this forum.

Thanks

DELL-Nikhil K

October 6th, 2017 08:00

When attempting to email with an attachment, I repeatedly receive "Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!"

2 Posts

November 5th, 2017 06:00

I have the same exact problem on my XPS 15 9550. SupportAssist version 2.0.6875.668 Agent version 2.0.3.10 and this has been occurring since day one.

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

November 5th, 2017 21:00

Hi RickRockwell,

Try to get in touch with DELL tech support and if it's possible share below log file as zip.

Go to C:\ProgramData\SupportAssist\Client\Agent\logs and capture ApplicationLogs folder.

Thanks

Dell-Nikhil K

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

November 5th, 2017 21:00

Hi Itqlenn13,

Try to get in touch with DELL tech support and if it's possible share below log file as zip.

Go to C:\ProgramData\SupportAssist\Client\Agent\logs and capture ApplicationLogs folder.

Before sending log file request you to perform below steps and let me know.

1. Open Optimize My System UI and run and task.

2. In case task stuck at 0% for long time (5-10 mins) then close the application and open task manager and check SRE.exe and kill kill from the task manager and stop & start "DellSupportAssist Agent" service.

3. Now try to run Optimize My System task again.

Thanks

Dell-Nikhil K

2 Posts

November 9th, 2017 08:00

There is no SRE.exe running, other than that I followed all the instructions still with no luck. See the logs at the link below.

drive.google.com/.../1amGGz0tF83pLIUycD3pCMLE1Rw0gQPAr

2 Posts

December 22nd, 2017 05:00

Hi,

After my message to you on 4 Oct 2017, I restarted SupportAssistAgent (v.2.0.1.7) and the Optimize My System function somehow was working again. Until 14 Dec 2017, when SupportAssistAgent then updated itself to v.2.0.3.10 and once again, the Optimize My System tile doesn't seem to be working anymore i.e. nothing happens when I press on the tile. Please advise solution.

Thanks.

4 Posts

February 18th, 2018 12:00

do you have a program installed called reg organizer after I uninstalled it and rebooted comp. optimize my system started working

14 Posts

March 29th, 2018 08:00

In my case it was because I had disabled the "Dell SupportAssist Agent" service (because it was taking quite a lot of time when it started).

1 Message

April 12th, 2018 07:00

Same thing. Dell told me I must buy service contract for that to work.

33 Posts

May 12th, 2018 04:00

DELL-Nikhil K,

Followed your 3 steps and all works fine again.  I can now select the optimise panel and it works fine again.  Thanks.

1 Message

September 18th, 2018 15:00

I followed your instructions but it has been running for over an hour and nothing has happened.  Further advice?

No Events found!