Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

8 Posts

June 12th, 2019 03:00

Touchpad is at the bottom of about 1 cm out of the case

Hi, the headline actually says it all: For some time now the TOUCHPAD steps out of the case and can not be pressed down anymore. The keys have become completely unusable. I suspect the battery behind it, since this is right under it. Of course, this is about 3 weeks after expiration of my warranty. Does anyone have a similar problem / solution / information about this? Would be very grateful for that!

Best regards Sven

9.4K Posts

June 12th, 2019 06:00

Hi Schwartzkopff,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Please post your computers model number so that the users here can better assist you.  

If your touchpad is pushed up, the  battery pack may be swelling, you may need a replacement.  

Here is information you may find helpful:  Dell Laptop Battery - Frequently Asked Questions

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

No Events found!