Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 16th, 2013 08:00

Alarms in Symmetrix

Hi!

So far I have been able to create alarms using SPA (Symmetrix Performance Analyzer) but, is it possible to create them directly in VMAX without SPA? If so, could you point me to some documentation?

Thanks

278 Posts

January 16th, 2013 10:00

Hi zgz

i agree with Kleanthis but also via CLI you can use the symevent command.

The symevent

command allows an administrator to monitor events within a Symmetrix array

that may affect its operation. In most cases, a reported event represents a condition that has

already been repaired. This tool allows an administrator to track those events in order to

understand the events that have occurred, or are occurring, on your Symmetrix array.

The monitor action sets the command to run in the foreground where it polls the Symmetrix

array for new events every

Interval, defined in seconds, until the iteration Count is satisfied or

the program is stopped.

The list

action reports on the history of events, which is stored on the Symmetrix array.

Specifying a start/end time allows you to retrieve events that occurred between the specified

time bounds.

In addition, you can restrict the query to a specific Symmetrix array and restrict the events

reported to a minimum severity level (warnings, errors, or fatal events).

26 Posts

January 16th, 2013 08:00

Hi zgz_rever,

Apart from SMC, Unisphere you have another 2 options: "symcfg monitor" command and storevntd daemon.

For more information please download the documentation set for Solutions Enabler and check the Installation Guide.

Regards,

Kl.

42 Posts

January 22nd, 2013 09:00

One more similar thing which is useful in symaudit, which helps in keeping track of operations initiated from various hosts.

No Events found!