Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2013 11:00

Flag settings on a Port connected to different hosts.

I have a question regarding Symmetrix port flag settings. Say if I am connecting 3 different hosts like HP-UX, AIX and ESX to a specific Symmetrix Port, how do we choose the port flag setting on that port. How can I set AIX specific settings, ESX specific settings and HP-UX specific settings on the same port. How does the Front end port distinguish the traffic coming from different types of hosts.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

take a look at hba_flags parameter that is used to specify flags for different platforms during masking operations

467 Posts

It used to be that director flags were set at the, you guessed it,  directory.  Sometimes that meant

we would have to dedicate an entire FA to a small number of hosts just to get the flags we needed.  Since then EMC has added the ability to specific flags on a per wwn basis.  You do it using hte symmask command and the hba_flags parameter as Captain Dynamox mentioned,  here is an example

symmask -sid 1234 -wwn 10:00:00:00:00:12:34:56 -dir 7a -p 0 set hba_flags on SPC2 -enable

That would enable the SPC2 bit on the specifed wwn on port 7a0.

It can also be done at the initiagtor group level,  if you're into that sort of things:

symaccess -sid 1234 -type init -name ig_name set ig_flags on SPC2 -enable

Hope that helps!

No Events found!