Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2013 07:00

Unable to login to unisphere for vmax with default password - smc/smc

We got a new Vmax 20K last week, But we are unable to use the unisphere installed on the service processor using the default username & password - smc/smc.

Can some one tell us the right user name and passord, or is there a way to reset the userid with some other password..

859 Posts

January 27th, 2013 17:00

Do you receive invalid userid / password error? It could be a SMC lock box issue which needs to reset by logging on to th e SP. Engage customer support to do it. primus

emc269092

regards,

Saurabh

859 Posts

January 27th, 2013 22:00

I think the primus is made internal to EMC. You can contact Support to get it fixed. In any case, you cant do much as its running over SP.

regards,

Saurabh

20 Posts

January 27th, 2013 22:00

I am getting the erro message as " Failed to authenticate user", BTW, I dont have access to knowledge base, Can you Post the Primus solution here..

Thanks,

278 Posts

January 27th, 2013 23:00

Hi koteswaran

it is better to ask for help to http://support.emc.com

31 Posts

April 27th, 2017 12:00

This may be a special response... Uninstall the version that you have currently installed, right. Once you have that version uninstalled delete the SMAS folder completely on C:\ or your drive that you are installing to. Now do a reboot just for the sake of doing it because you uninstalled software, good habit to get into if you can afford a reboot. Now when you back on the server install and select use default lock box. This will allow the Install Anywhere to generate a default controlled by Unisphere password for the SMC account. At that point once the install is done you should be able to use the default SMC \ SMC to log in. Go to security Administration and make your local accounts for your server\storage admin team as necessary.

FYI:

Lock box throws a notification window up like OMG are you sure you want to do this? YES DO IT, let EMC software control and generate a lock box password during the install.

Hope this helps you out.

No Events found!