Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

April 21st, 2011 22:00

We need to 'swing' VMAX LUNs from one server to another for migration, we also have FAST enabled-getting error

We need to create a storage group on our VMAX for “swinging” luns across 2 servers with the purpose of migrations. However, can we assign a lun that has FAST enabled on one storage group to another storage group without FAST enabled and not have any restrictions imposed. We do not want to attempt turning FAST off and on on a set of luns.  This may only create application performance issues. So, can we create a second storage group without FAST enabled and get this ability to 'swing' LUNs to ease our lives.

859 Posts

April 23rd, 2011 22:00

Hi,

Couple of things I need to know :

1) is the new storage group part of any masking view?

2) If it is, does it share the same port group?

3) if it just a storage group not part of any masking view then adding LUN to it wont be problem but if its a part of some masking view and shares the same ports then it might not work...

need to test it in lab..

thanks,

Saurabh

2 Intern

• 

1.3K Posts

May 23rd, 2011 17:00

with the purpose of migration, i hope you will be doing this offline. it shouldn't a problem. Since you are talking about a second host , there will be definitly  a port group and masking view associated.  I would recommend to test and confirm if you are planning on a production enviornment.

Did you make any progress so far?

No Events found!