Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2009 03:00

DMC 1.0 License

After install DMC1.0 with license ID. We can see "Altiris Inventory for Network Devices" @ Symantec License Manager. This license item appear expire date " 2009/09/07". If customer pass the expire date,doesn't work for network discovery ? or just come up warning message to activate license key? Please let me know how to support on this case.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

June 30th, 2009 14:00

"After install DMC1.0 with license ID. We can see "Altiris Inventory for Network Devices" @ Symantec License Manager. This license item appear expire date " 2009/09/07". If customer pass the expire date,doesn't work for network discovery ? or just come up warning message to activate license key? Please let me know how to support on this case."
When you register for DMC you are provided with a license that you can apply. The license does not expire. You do not need any other license for DMC features.
thx.
Rob

1 Message

April 7th, 2010 09:00

When I go to apply the downloaded license file for Dell Management Console, I am receiving an error that 'there are no licenses in the file for any installed products'. Yet I just went thru the process of registering and downloading the license files. the licensing for the Dell Client Manager worked ok. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Follow-up - never mind, I went ahead and applied the license even tho' it indicated there were no products to which it applied and the next time I opened the management console, I was informed the licensing had been applied. - Gary
No Events found!