Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

14 Posts

September 19th, 2022 21:00

Dell Deployment Toolkit for 15G

Anyone here knows where we can download the latest DTK or Dell Deployment Toolkit supporting 15G servers?

• 

3.3K Posts

September 20th, 2022 07:00

Hi,

DTK is still Version 6.3 as long as no newer version is released there is no option to download this.

Do you have any other questions?

Regards Martin

1 Rookie

• 

183 Posts

September 26th, 2022 14:00

It is deprecated for 15G

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-id/openmanage-deployment-toolkit-v6.0.1/dtk_windows_6.0.1_release_notes/dtk-deprecation-message?guid=guid-b1ae45a4-6fce-4b5d-b783-fd18cd30a580&lang=en-us

NOTE: DTK will continue to support any new hardware or operating system for the 14th generation of PowerEdge servers. However, support for later generations of PowerEdge servers will be deprecated. For more information about features supported by DTK, see the latest User's Guide available at dell.com/openmanagemanuals .

1 Rookie

• 

183 Posts

February 6th, 2023 12:00

Historical DTK with syscfg, raidcfg, etc is deprecated but the "DTK" like package with only racadm is available as "Dell EMC iDRAC Tools for Microsoft WinPE"
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=ygnhx&oscode=w12r2&productcode=poweredge-r640

14 Posts

February 6th, 2023 19:00

It's a shame that they deprecated the DTK and moving towards racadm. If you're dealing a hundred or thousand of nodes in a Linux HPC cluster, DTK tools are the Swiss knife in customizing bios/raid configuration. We can easily script the tools with our HPC provisioning tool (i.e. xcat) 

1 Rookie

• 

183 Posts

February 7th, 2023 06:00

Agreed. Syscfg and raidcfg are way easier to use and way faster than racadm LC jobs. I specifically like syscfg. Perccli is still fully supported though for storage and I prefer it over racadm with LC jobs for setting up storage.

1 Rookie

• 

183 Posts

February 27th, 2023 11:00

Correction: I have found that perccli does not work in winpe even after loading HAPI drivers. The disk controllers are not seen. However, storcli (LSI version of perccli) does have documentation around getting it to work in WinPE so perccli probably could work if I tried harder.

Being forced to use racadm in winpe for storage setting is frustrating as racadm with LC jobs are WAY slower and more temperamental than perccli.

No Events found!