Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2011 07:00

Dell Repository SUU issue with the v390 firmware

So I noticed that v390 of the firmware updates are out for the newer servers that I looked at (R610, M610), but when I try to export the SUU to a directory for the M610s (both Linux and Windows or just Windows by itself, I get the following error:

SUU requires at least one platform per bundle.
The following bundles have no associated platforms:
System Bundle (Linux) PEM610 x390 - R303820
System Bundle (Windows) PEM610 v390 - R303821

Does this mean there isn't actually a v390 for the M610s and if so, why is it listed in Repository Manager? The process that I do to export has worked fine with v380 and v370.

7 Posts

July 14th, 2011 14:00

now i´m experiencing the exact same problem, with the same version (3.9) and same Blade (M610)
Yesterday i´ve downloaded the windows bundle, but after i generated Linux bundle to update a Suse Machine the DRM is not working anymore rith the message: "SUU requeires at least one plataform per bundle" and "the following bundle have no associated plataforms" with a Buldle name and a GUID

272 Posts

July 15th, 2011 14:00

Just tested this out, and I'm noticing the same thing.

I'm going to report the issue to the Repository Manager team and see what I can dig up. Thanks for the input!

272 Posts

July 20th, 2011 15:00

"Just tested this out, and I'm noticing the same thing.

I'm going to report the issue to the Repository Manager team and see what I can dig up. Thanks for the input!"
Has either of you filed a support case? I was just advised by the Repository Manager team to ask one of you do that so this issue can be officially on the books.

After that happens, the support team will get to work fixing it.

20 Posts

July 21st, 2011 06:00

"Has either of you filed a support case? I was just advised by the Repository Manager team to ask one of you do that so this issue can be officially on the books.

After that happens, the support team will get to work fixing it."
I will file one this morning. Thanks!

20 Posts

July 21st, 2011 07:00

It's actually working for me now on the M610s since I called support. I will try a few more models and if it breaks on any of those, I will open one.

272 Posts

July 21st, 2011 14:00

I'm still getting failures on the R610. did you reinstall Repository Manager? Perhaps something in your network changed?

20 Posts

July 21st, 2011 15:00

"I'm still getting failures on the R610. did you reinstall Repository Manager? Perhaps something in your network changed?"
The R610 worked fine for me a couple of weeks ago; it was the M610 that failed. Every v390 firmware I am exporting now is working fine.

1 Message

July 26th, 2011 03:00

Hi, I had this but I sorted the problem by specifying the platform that the Bundle was specified for when I exported the components.

On the Components tab, select the files that you want to export into a bundle, click on Export, Click on Next, Select "Create New Bundle...." and click Next, then select your OS type, Click Next and Select "Select All Operating Systems" and click Next. On the "Select Platforms for the new Bundle" page, you need to select the specific platform that the bundle is intended for. In my case, it was the R710. Once the Bundle has been created, you can then successfully export it to an SUU directory.

Hope it works for you.

1 Message

August 24th, 2011 01:00

I have a similar problem. Yesterday I installed the new version of DRM 1.3.124 and downloaded the bundles and components for R710 R610 T610 (only windows). I tried to export the OMSA DUP (OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-DUP-WIN-6.5.0-2247_A01.8.exe) into the three system bundles. Only on the R710 system bundle it worked. On the other I got the Platform error: Component is not added because distination bundle supports different Platform. When I checked the properties of the OMSA DUP, I found that the R610 T610 are not mentioned in the supported platforms. Is there any news from Dell Techsupport ?

272 Posts

August 24th, 2011 10:00

Hi all,

@KVD - we've pinpointed what the issue and you are correct. In the catalog R610 and T610 are not listed as supported platforms for that release. The fix is for us to add them to supported platforms and re-spin our catalog file. I have confirmation that the engineering teams are working on this now and looking for other instances. Once we make the changes we'll want to run some tests, so it will probably take a week to be updated.
No Events found!