Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2013 05:00

Dell Server disappeared from Devices in OME

Hi there,

I have 17 servers being monitored through Dell OME, I havn't been able to see all 17 on the Devices tab under Servers since I was tasked to monitor these servers, but I've been slowly working through all the problems. I added 3 of the servers iDRACs to the Inventory and all went well, then I recently added a couple more iDRACs and things went all haywire. Servers just disappeared from the Devices list. I read through the logs and there were a few stating that OME removed the servers because of "duplicates". (Quite silly if you ask me, i want to be able to manage both the server and the iDRAC) anyway I managed to get most of the servers back except for one server, which has always been showing up and was part of the first batch of iDRACs I added in the first place. Any Ideas as to what might be going on?

They are R620s if it helps.

Thanks in advance

Cody

• 

8.7K Posts

June 25th, 2013 09:00

Hi Cody,

What version of OME are you running? What OS is the server running? Can you look in the dconfig.ini in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\configuration folder and see if the server is listed?

42 Posts

June 26th, 2013 00:00

Hi Josh,

Running version 1.1.0.6063 of OME, my server is running Windows 2012 and when I look through the dconfig file I dont see a list of any servers, I see an excluded duplicates string but nothing is listed there.

Thanks

42 Posts

June 26th, 2013 00:00

If it helps at all, when I do a device search I can find the server and it does report back healthy

• 

8.7K Posts

June 26th, 2013 08:00

If you do a discovery and just do the IP of that one system does it find it but not add it? We may want to try to update to the latest patch http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/DriverDetails?driverId=9PPF7

We can also try to run the troubleshooting tool and see if it can find any information about why it isn’t adding that system.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20097184.aspx

42 Posts

June 26th, 2013 08:00

Do you mean just the server and not the iDRAC? If so then yes it finds it but still doesnt add it. I'll be sure to try updating the drivers when i get the time to get some downtime on the server, will give you an update when i can.

Thanks Josh.

No Events found!