Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2017 11:00

Help with Dell MUMC and ULNM Configuration

Hello, 

I have been tasked with configuring a graceful shutdown scenario with our Dell UPS devices and our Hyper-V hosts and standalone servers. 

I hope to connect a UPS device to specific hosts via USB cable, and then use the MUMC to monitor those UPS and shut down the systems associated with those UPS devices. As an example we have 2 hosts connected to one UPS. Only one system will be connected to that UPS via USB cable and I would hope to use MUMC to be able to monitor that UPS and shut down both systems. 

I am currently testing out the product to try and get a feel for it, I have encountered an error immediately after installing the ULNM on a few of our systems. I have the MUMC installed on both my workstation, and my laptop. Both MUMC consoles report the same error. They are reporting a "communication error". 

Date: 02/25/17 - 1:43:49 pm
Type:

Error

Module: UpdateManager/checkForUpdate
Details: Update data file could not be read from remote host. Response status: '404'

The error shows on both the MUMC console and the ULNM agents. It is the same on both sides. I have the firewall completely disabled on the systems with ULNM and we have nothing that should be preventing network communication between our servers internally. I am not even able to glean any additional information about what this issue is about from searching the internet.  

Could someone give me any tips or point me in the right direction to get this issue resolved? Could it be caused by my not having connected a UPS to any of the systems yet?

3 Posts

February 25th, 2017 11:00

I actually was mistaken the error on the MUMC side is the above 404 error. On the client machines with ULNM installed I get this error.

Date: 02/25/17 - 1:51:59 pm
Type:

Error

Module: UpdateManager/checkForUpdate
Details: Update data file could not be read from remote host. Response status: '503'

3 Posts

February 28th, 2017 07:00

any help with this issue? I am not sure what is causing this problem. 

No Events found!