Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

6 Posts

February 10th, 2021 08:00

How to get an iDRAC license after motherboard replacement

Hello,

I`have got several of servers R520, that I get from the previous administrator.

In one of them motherboard get dead before my applying to this company. 

The motherboard was replaced, but no files of license isn't be backuped.

Now I want to make this iDRAC work.
This iDRAC module works great with other R520(I have tried 2 different servers with different configuration), it applies Enterprise license by it own.

But with this server I have the following situation.
After blackout server, port on the module lights up for several seconds(5-10s) I think is initializing.
After that the module goes died and no lights through next blackout.

I can set the IP from the Display on the front of the server.

I changed the BIOS settings Network -> Failover Network All LOMs
and get to this iDRAC by the dedicated(LAN) port of the server.
But when I get into, I can't do nothing except updating firmware and importing a license.

If I get the license the iDRAC will be working properly(through a dedicated port of the Idrac module)?
Where I can get license to this module?
Why it didn't work with the server through a dedicated port of the module?

This iDRAC page that I get through the dedicated port of the server, is the page from the module or it is the another module may be placed on the motherboard?

• 

8.8K Posts

February 10th, 2021 12:00

Bohdan_Dolya,

If you have access to you companies Dell Digital Locker, you should be able to locate the license there. As far as your other questions;

The iDrac dedicated port is only functional with the iDrac Enterprise, so without that license that port isn't functional, so you would need to use LOM1 for connection. If you Private Message me the Svc tag, as well as company name and your contact details, i can look into it for you as well.

Another option would be to contact Customer Cares.

Let me know if this helps. 

13 Posts

March 20th, 2022 11:00

Hi Chris long time no pandemic see,

i also just replaced that 520 crapped out motherboard and couldn't get any license key off of it..

how do i fix this problem.. as all it tells me is basic management i tried the eval license key but that will expire in 30 days  how do i get this back to standard enterprise like it was before the LC died

• 

4.1K Posts

March 20th, 2022 16:00

Hi, thanks for choosing Dell.

This is the basic steps:

https://dell.to/3521tl6

This old post may help:

https://dell.to/3IkUdyc

13 Posts

March 23rd, 2022 10:00

hello Young,

those links gave no capabilities of restoral as original MB was destroyed by your upgrade files and could not and would not alternate boot so hence the replacement of MB!!! all your answers point to a working motherboard for restoral there never was a way to do this. now i was able to get the eval key to work but perpetual key through a digital locker cannot be done as i don't even recall where i got the server from so your links serve no purpose. i need help getting it back online.. can you help me?

[Moderator removed service tag for privacy]

• 

3.7K Posts

March 23rd, 2022 11:00

Hello snaglpuss,

For security purposes we need to verify authorization that the asset belongs to you.

We don't want someone else trying to access your assets.

I will note that this server sold with iDRAC Express license you can see on the support page for this server.

Go here : https://www.dell.com/support/

Input your service tag

On the right hand column of the page  -  Quick links

Click View product specs

Can you private message me this information it is registered to?

Your E-mail address

Company Name

Address

Contact Name

Phone number

If you purchased an Enterprise license separately please provide the sales order number.

If it is not in your name you would need to do an Ownership Transfer then you can find the license in your Digital Locker

Ownership Transfer and Dell Product Registration Guides:

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000125103/ownership-transfer-and-dell-product-registration-guides

Ownership Transfer form:

https://www.dell.com/support/assets-transfer/en-us

Welcome to Dell Digital Locker:

https://www.dell.com/support/software/us/en/4

If any of that does not work I'd recommend to contact Customer Care 1 (800) 624-9897. You will need to work with them to update the asset information.

Note: I removed the service tag from the post as that is private information we don't want exposed on the web.

• 

3.7K Posts

March 23rd, 2022 13:00

Hello snaglpuss,

I am at end of shift. Please private message Young the information requested.

13 Posts

March 25th, 2022 13:00

can't i get this msg on post

:

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

• 

3.7K Posts

March 25th, 2022 13:00

Hello snaglpuss,

I have not seen that message for limit of private messages.

A couple recommendations:

Wait an hour and retry

Wait a day and retry

Clear browser cache

Try a different browser

After you submitted ownership transfer; What did Customer Care say when you contacted them?

Please note that what I or Young would be doing is verifying the service tag information matches what you provide in the private message.

• 

4.1K Posts

March 28th, 2022 23:00

Hi, we have received your DM and wanted to continue to conversation here so that others can benefit.

Hi, what you sent through DM, I will answer here:
On the update: Please use our support web.
On the license transfer: What you need to do is ask previous owner to transfer the license to you. HE/SHE needs to download from digital locker. What I'm saying is Dell needs proof that the previous owner bought that license additional since we can't see any of that in our record. That's what Customer Care was asking. 

No Events found!