Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2012 20:00

Need headers from various BIOS installers for OMCI remote flash

I'm trying to extract .hdr files from various BIOS packages, but certain packages don't seem to allow extraction by normal means.  Some of them recognize the -writehdrfile switch and extract the header for you.  The ones I can't extract are the Optiplex 740 & Optiplex 390.  The only documentation I could find related to this was: http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/properly-extracting-hdr-files-non-packaged-dell-bios-update-packages-use-dell-client-manage

In that link they mention the issue and perscribe this remedy:

To extract the .HDR file for non-packaged Dell BIOS Update Packages, follow these directions:

1. Download the Dell BIOS Update Package for the specified Dell workstation model.
    2. From within Windows, right mouse click on the BIOS Update Package and set the maximum amount of conventional memory, expanded memory, and extended memory to the file as shown in Figure 6.

From a DOS prompt, issue the command: . For example, “GX260A09.EXE –writehdrfile”.

Unfortunately, the 740 & 390 both don't have the Memory tab, so I'm wondering if there was another way to extract the HDR or obtain BIOS upgrades that are properly packaged. 
No Responses!
No Events found!