Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

February 25th, 2004 15:00

No Domain Login with Server Administrator 1.7

I just installed Server Administrator on a test system (PowerEdge 2650) and experience the problem that I cannot login to server administrator using a domain account: the domain field only offers entries for the local machine or a trusted domain but not the domain this server belongs to.

Any help?

Frank Tartler

20 Posts

February 25th, 2004 15:00

There's just one thing to add: first I updated server administrator from V1.6 to 1.7 and it didn't work. I also tried reinstalling server administrator and do a fresh installation but the result was the same.

Frank Tartler

13 Posts

February 26th, 2004 14:00

I also ugraded a PE1750 from SA 1.6 to SA 1.7, same Domain issue...I cannot log into the Primary Domain???

Any assistance appreciated...

Chris Jeffares

LAN/Citrix Administrator

cjeffare@notes.state.ne.us

4 Posts

March 1st, 2004 00:00

Correct, this is a new bug with Server Administrator 1.7.  I could only see NT4 domains (no 2000 domains were visible).

In addition to the lack of Perc 2.8 drivers, and the resetting of the video to 640x480 x 16 colors, this was a mess of a release.

agressiv

4 Posts

March 17th, 2004 13:00

A01 version of SA 1.7 has the same problem.  It appears to only see NT4 domains, or at least non-native mode Windows 2000 domains, but I can't confirm that.

This is a horrible bug, why would they release another version without addressing this?

agressiv

3 Posts

March 27th, 2004 17:00

I can confirm this "feature".  Frustrating.  How to fix it is the question.

8 Posts

April 5th, 2004 19:00

Is this a monitored forum?  This is a HUGE issue and since Feb 25th no Dell person has responded.  That in itself is a HUGE issue with Dell support or lack thereof.

Waiting for an answer.

John Collins

3 Posts

April 6th, 2004 14:00

I spoke to a Dell Tech and he indicated they were aware of the problem, duplicated it on their side and were working on a fix, but it could be 8 weeks away and 1.8 is not due out until near the end of the yr.  So, the "fix" is to uninstall and install 1.6.  Ugh!

31 Posts

April 12th, 2004 20:00

Is this issue similiar to the thread entitled "IT Assistant - Server Alert Actions - unable to login" ?

4 Posts

April 29th, 2004 20:00

This issue has been reported since the release of 1.7 A00.  There has been no assistance on this issue yet and I was instructed that the A01 version would resolve the issue.  However,  it seems to be an installation issue.  If you install an old product from the OpenManage installation CD, uninstall and reinstall 1.7 from the download, it work 1 out of 3 tries.  On some installs, it only gave domain login, another local login.  Extremely strange behavior.  If you applied A00 and upgraded your firmware to 2.8 you might want to replace it with the newest release.  The first version was not meant to be released.

3 Posts

April 29th, 2004 21:00

This issue appears to have been resolved.  Dell has issued a fix.  I applied it to the one server I was having the domain issue on and it worked, does not require a reboot.  Go to the Dell download area and look for upgrades to OpenManage Admin software.

4 Posts

April 29th, 2004 21:00

This does not tell me exactly where to get the fix, the filename, etc..  I applied the OpenManage patch I found and it was a security patch.  Nothing that would fix this issue.  Could you please provide explicit info about obtaining the patch?

20 Posts

April 30th, 2004 04:00

20 Posts

April 30th, 2004 04:00

My link to the download is http://support.euro.dell.com/de/de/filelib/download/download.asp?fileid=R75462

You may have to modify it depending on which region you live.

Frank

89 Posts

May 3rd, 2004 10:00

Dell released the patch for this problem last week here is the link with all of the information to solve this problem.

http://support.dell.com/FileLib/Format.aspx?ReleaseID=R76763&sws=fw

8 Posts

May 3rd, 2004 13:00

Why did it take Dell over two months to reply or provide any information to this issue?  Even then it came almost a week after the fix was released. 

Is this they type of support we can expect of Dell?

Regards,

John Collins

No Events found!