Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

3 Posts

June 18th, 2020 19:00

OMSA login issue after 9.2 to 9.4 upgrade

I had OMSA 9.2 working on my R710 server with Debian Linux as the OS.  On 9.2, the OMSA login screen asked for username and password, with another box that I believe specified something like "This Server".  Logging in there worked fine.

I since upgraded to OMSA 9.4, and now the login screen looks like this:
OMSA94.jpg

Now with this login screen, I've not been able to log in with the same credentials as I did with 9.2.  I have tired various entries in the Hostname/IP field, but after a short "Verifying Credentials" message, it goes back to this screen.

I can click on the "Manage Web Server" link shown and log in with my credentials.

Is there some setting or package or something that I might be missing that is not allowing me to log into the local server?  Is there a log somewhere that might tell me why the login is failing?

4 Operator

• 

1.9K Posts

June 18th, 2020 20:00

The screenshot you posted is not vissible. If you upgrade OMSA you should always clear your browser cache. Same is true for iDRAC.

OMSA can log into the local or act as a reverse proxy and connect to a remote computer. You can switch by clicking on a link at the very bottom of the page. Only when using the remote computer function it ask for a IP/Hostname.

Regards,
Joerg

June 19th, 2020 06:00

Odd about the screenshot.  It shows in my listing of the post.

In any case, yes, the login screen shown is for the remote type of login.  The only links at the bottom of the page are as follows:

"Manage Web Server | Support  | Drivers & Downloads  | Manuals  | About "

There isn't a link for local login.  It's like the system is missing a component that indicates it can be used as a local login (or a setting in a config file).  The manage web server link works and I can log in to do that, but if I disable the "Managed System Login" setting, then I don't get a login screen at all and instead a message that I need to enable the Managed System Login setting.

June 19th, 2020 18:00

It appears this is somehow tied to the iSM subsystem.  For some reason there wasn't a /opt/dell/srvadmin/iSM directory, so I actually copied it from another install.  The systemd startup files did seem to be on my system, so I didn't have to hunt those down.  Once I did that (and maybe ran /opt/dell/srvadmin/iSM/sbin/dsm_ism_srvmgrd), the link under the login switched to Manage Local Server and when I clicked it, the login screen changed.

However, everything is deathly slow.  So slow that omconfig and omreport just seem to hang and don't complete.  I don't see anything in "top" that tips me off as to why it may be so slow, so something else must be misconfigured.

No Events found!