Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 22nd, 2021 03:00

Outdated SUU.

Hello again.

I last posted some questions for SUU and here i come with another ones.

It seems some of SUU are outdated, for example for every 11 generation for example Power Edge Dell R610 bios is 6.4.0 where the newest is 6.6.0, same with idrac 2.90 where the newest is 2.92.

In 13G is only for idrac, 2.75.100.75 and newest 2.80.80.80.. 
Probably for G13 it will be updated, but i dont see chance for 11G/12G where the lastest updates are from few years.

So here i come with my question, can i "manually" add the newest updates to the program? Is that possible to do with some "copy&paste" trick or i need something more than this.

As always, thank you in advance for every answer.
Greetings, MountaiNN :).

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 22nd, 2021 08:00

Hello,

I believe that Repository Manager is going to be the tool you're looking for. You can't modify an existing SUU, rather, you have to create one. Repository Manager can help with that. Unfortunately, you'd still have to manually pull the updates into Repository Manager though, because the 11th generation are no longer in the catalog. 

This approach took more time learning Repository Manager than what I cared for, I've found that using a Linux live image, like the Dell SLI, coupled with the update packages is easier.

33 Posts

June 23rd, 2021 02:00

Hello,

Generally, I mean to complete the package enough to be able to connect live to the server, (preferably on Windows because I do not know much about Linux) run a file that will update the server fully without my intervention. I prepare a lot of servers a day, among others I update them, previously connected live and installed every package for a long time, which involved a lot of time for restarting the server, booting up the system every time, etc.

My point is that I could have e.g. 3 files. For each G11 / G12 / G13 Generation, I connect live, run the program, and continue to do something else until, of course, confirmation of the update or a one-time restart for updates that require it.

I thought that the SUU would be a solution to this problem, but unfortunately it turns out that it is also not a good solution because for G11 I have to do 3 updates separately, and for G13 only one, but the one that lasts the longest, only with G12 I have no problem.

In any case, I will try to play with this Repository Manager, maybe I can solve this problem somehow.

I do not fully understand the "search engine" on this forum, maybe you or others know if someone has already created such packages?

I understand that through Repository Manager I can create something ala SUU programs, maybe someone has ready packages for given servers, or specific Generations?

EDIT. Can you help me with maybe link for the newest version of Repository Manager? And it's one program for all generations or you need to download it per generation/server?

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

June 23rd, 2021 05:00

Hello @MountaiNN

Here you have a complete guide with links to download and user guide:
https://dell.to/3gQTrPa

Regarding how to find if someone has ready packages for given servers, I think you will need to search on thirdy party sites. As we do not contain a repository for custom packages.

I hope you find this information useful.

Regards.

33 Posts

June 23rd, 2021 06:00

@DiegoLopez 
Thank you very much, i think this case is closed.

@Dell-DylanJ 
Answer for you coz you were first, and you bring me that idea

Its everythng by now, i just need some time to learn about this program.

Thanks for you two, by now its everything :).

No Events found!