Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

December 27th, 2010 11:00

Racadm Certificate Store

Hello,

I installed racadm on a Windows server, used Internet Explorer to read in my corporate CA certificate and it works fine.  However, on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 server, when I run racadm, I get:

Security Alert: Certificate is invalid - unable to get local issuer certificate

Continuing execution. Use -S option for racadm to stop execution on certificate-related errors.

It still works but always generates this message.  What I'm trying to figure out is where does racadm on Linux read the default certificate store from?  I have the certificate, I just don't know where racadm reads it from.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

4 Posts

December 28th, 2010 06:00

I'm still trying to get this to work but losing hope.

I've tried putting the certificate in /etc/pki/tls, /etc/pki/tls/certs, naming it .pem, .crt... no luck.  What I really need to know is where the "racadm" application looks to find a certificate on RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.

I even downloaded the source code ISO and have been sifting through that without much success.  My thoughts are that the racadm RPM may typically be installed with other RPM's that generate the necessary directory that racadm looks in.  I have no problem creating this directory manually, if I can figure out what it is.

2 Intern

• 

793 Posts

December 28th, 2010 16:00

What is the racadm command you are using?

The subcommand "sslcertupload" has two allowed parameters, -t, which lets you tell it if the cert is a server cert or CA cert for Directory Service, and -f, which lets you specify the file for the certificate.

Try:  racadm sslcertupload -f path

No Events found!