Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 31st, 2020 15:00

SSH into "Firmware" RACADM? I get SMASH (not RACADM)

I'm reading about "firmware RACADM" in RACADM 8/7 CLI User Guide but when I SSH to iDRAC ip address I get a SMASH/SM CLI interface.

Here's the description in the manual, an entry under "Supported RACADM Interfaces"...

SSH or Telnet — Also known as Firmware RACADM. Firmware RACADM
is accessible by logging in to iDRAC using SSH or Telnet. Similar to
Remote RACADM, at the RACADM prompt, directly run the commands without
the RACADM prefix.

Is there a particular port I should be using, or is there a way to make it pickup a separate IP?  Or how else would i access this?   I can use remote RACADM but wondering if a particular update needs me to do it directly on RAC.  Thanks

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

May 31st, 2020 19:00

Can you let me know iDRAC FW version. racadm commands will work in SMCLP console also. You can run "racadm" command and get into racadm shell also

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

May 31st, 2020 18:00

Can you let me know Server model and iDRAC FW version. Once you SSH to iDRAC IP can you run any racadm command and see what response you getting. You should be able to run racadm commands once you SSH to iDRAC IP.

43 Posts

Thanks!  That was what I was missing.  From most of information I read it sounded like I should be starting out in RACADM not SM-CLP so that was confusing. 

Bios Version = 2.11.0

iDRAC Version = 2.70.70.70

Lifecycle Controller Version = 2.70.70.70

IDSDM Version = NA

43 Posts

I am on C6320 -- I am able to SSH in but I get the SMASH/SM-CLP console.  I"m just defaulted into that.

I see SM-CLP is part of the manual for iDRAC8 and this suggests that when you SSH or Telnet into the system that it is the default?  <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

How does one normally get into SM-CLP from iDRAC IP?  Can you go back and forth between RACADM and SM-CLP?

No Events found!