Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2008 09:00

dell openmanage server administrator version 5.3

Hi,

I've lost my CD and need to rebuild the server, where can I download the iso image for Dell OpenManage Server Administrator Version 5.3.

Server is a PowerEdge 2650 and is sat there waiting for this CD. Help needed.

Cheers,

Andrew

13 Posts

April 15th, 2008 11:00

You can download the DVD image from . Since your system is a PE2650, you may not have a DVD drive in the system to rebuild it using the DVD image.

You will need to mount the DVD image and extract the CD iso image 530CDU_365f.iso using a virtual CD/DVD ROM and then burn this image to a CDROM.

February 21st, 2010 00:00

Is there an updated link ? That link is invalid now. Thanks in advance!

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

February 21st, 2010 13:00

ftp://ftp.dell.com/sysman/OM_5.3.0_ManNode_A00.exe

February 21st, 2010 16:00

I am downloading that now? i thought I needed an iso because the installation says I need to insert the 5.3 disc. Figured it would also be larger then 122mb.  Thanks for your help thus far flash I really appreciate your time.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

February 21st, 2010 19:00

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood ... I saw OSMA 5.3, and got the link.  I just want to make sure I understand what is happening here ... you are installing Windows using the Dell installation utility (SBUU) and it is stopping you asking for the 5.3 disk to install Server Administrator?  If this is the case, then watch for a point during the setup of the install where you can check/uncheck to install OMSA.  UNCHECK it.  The image it is looking for is on the DVD version (which is what another poster was talking about I believe).  On the DVD, there are two images - one is the CD version of the install utility and the other is the image for Server Administrator.  Simply uncheck the box to install as part of the installation of Windows, then download the file I gave you the link for  to install OSMA after Windows is installed.

No Events found!