Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2014 18:00

m1000e enclosure CMC cards password reset jumper

Hello folks,

I am configuring a refurbished m1000e blade enclosure.  It contains 2 CMC cards.  I see they are getting DHCP from my firewall and I can reach the web interface but I cannot log in with root/calvin . I assume the previous owner set a CMC password and I'll need to reset it via the jumper method.

I am confused because when I pull the cards out, it appears a jumper is in place already. The documentation says that when a jumper is in place, the default password should work. I have tried removing it, reseating the card (it boots back up),  trying the root/calvin login without the jumper,  replacing the jumper, and trying again, but still I cannot log in to the CMC web interface.

I am attaching a picture in hopes that someone can verify, is this small piece of plastic, that is seated on the password reset jumper pins a real jumper? I wonder if I need to order a real jumper and if this is just a placeholder. It's so small I cannot see if there is any conductive material inside or if it is only plastic, and I don't know why it would already be in place on both of my CMC cards unless the previous owner put it there.

October 30th, 2014 17:00

bump? 

October 31st, 2014 13:00

Grab a jumper from a desktop computer that you know works by resetting the BIOS password on the desktop.  Then use that on your card.

Should that not work, the default password is wrong in the documentation or the card is faulty.

No Events found!