Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2015 06:00

R730xd iDRAC8 unable to manage storage

PE R730xd w/ updated BIOS, firmware, etc. When using the iDRAC web UI and attempting to manage the storage on a PERC H730P we are alerted that...

RAC0659: Unable to perform the storage configuration operation(s) on PERC H730P Mini (Embedded) because a job is currently pending or is running on the device.
Wait for the job to completely run, or delete the job, and then retry the operation.To view the status of the scheduled jobs, go to the Job Queue page of iDRAC.

Similar errors are seen in different sections of the iDRAC Storage UI...

STOR023: Unable to perform configuration operations because a configuration job for the device already exists.  Wait for the current job for the device to complete or cancel the current job before attempting more configuration operations on the device.

While working with Dell Support we have...

1. racadm racreset
  2. Performed a NVRAM reset
  3. racadm racresetcfg
  4. re-flashed the iDRAC/LC firmware
  5. Cleared jobs via System Setup

Anything that we do yields the same results. We are able to perform RAID configuration via the LC interface when using the virtual console, and we are able to manage everything else on the system.

I would appreciate any assistance in getting this resolved.

October 30th, 2015 09:00

You could try with the Dell Troubleshooting Tool to clear the LC job log.

Not sure if you have the installer but here is a link to the installer.
http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/4172.dell-troubleshooting-tool

##########################################################################

DELL(TM) TROUBLESHOOTING TOOL VERSION 3.4.3 README

##########################################################################
Version - 3.4.3
Release Date - Sep 2015

With Dell Troubleshooting Tool you can gather more information for failure
to discover a network device (for example: Dell servers, clients, or any
other network resources) in the management console (for example: Dell
Management Console, Dell OpenManage IT Assistant, Dell OpenManage
Essentials etc.).

Find causes for discovery related problems for remote devices; run a
protocol specific test for the remote device, and verify results.

It also has tools to: Configure e-mails, Check availability of ports,
run a command on a remote box, send and listen for SNMP traps, and check
for warranty status.

2 Posts

October 30th, 2015 13:00

Thank you for the pointer. While this took works rather well, it did not solve the problem. There are no jobs in the iDRAC, even though it "thinks" there are. I dont know where it's getting that information. The only think I can think of is that the LC sent a job to the RAID controller which never completed and the LC is reporting back to the iDRAC there is still a job.

October 31st, 2015 03:00

Have you tried to shutdown the machine and disconnect the power for a minute?

1 Rookie

• 

118 Posts

November 24th, 2015 03:00

Hello,

Alternatively if you are looking for managing storage as such, you can choose to use OMSA. It requires OS though. You can give it a try if you cant resolve this iDRAC way of managing.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=4HHMH 

Thanks

Vivek

1 Message

September 29th, 2016 10:00

I am having the same issue and I'm besides myself confused on this one. 

Going to make a support ticket with dell unless you have had any luck?

May 26th, 2017 04:00

I am also having this issue on a Dell R730XD. I am currently unable to perform any configuration jobs as the LC claims that jobs exist. Previous failed jobs were removed, so there are currently none.

30 Posts

May 28th, 2017 21:00

Hi MARKGODDARD86,

Thank you for reaching out to us in dell community. Can you try below command from any windows client OS and let us know if it helped. 

winrm invoke DeleteJobQueue cimv2/root/dcim/DCIM_JobService?CreationClassName=DCIM_JobService+Name=JobService+SystemName=Idrac+SystemCreationClassName=DCIM_ComputerSystem @{JobID="JID_CLEANALL" } -u:root -p:calvin -r:https://idrac_ip/wsman:443 -SkipCNCheck -SkipCACheck

Regards,

Dell-Mondeep

May 29th, 2017 09:00

Thanks for getting back to me about this issue. I resolved the problem by resetting the lifecycle controller to factory defaults using the lifecycle controller GUI via the virtual console. It took a lot of time to get to this solution and clearly isn't an ideal solution.

Regards,

Mark

September 13th, 2018 04:00

I am also having the same problem.

I resolved the problem by running reset on the lifecycle controller.

Resetting the iDRAC, BIOS, and clearing RAID config is not enough.

Do we have any other solutions that doesn't involve resetting via lifecycle controller?

Thanks

No Events found!