Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2009 15:00

Symantec Management Server Error

Hello, so I'm new to the Dell Management Console and have recently installed it on a trial basis. I have to say there's a lot of plug-ins and for someone who's not used to it, it does get confusing. Anyways, so my problem is that I renamed my Administrator account, and now I have problems even getting the Dell Management Console page. On clicking the Dell Management Console icon, I get the Symantec Management Server Error page and I have tried doing what the page suggests, but in vain. I did change all the services to start using the new adminstrator name, and they do start, however that doesn't work either. So any ideas or suggestions as to what I can try other than reinstalling the whole thing? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

August 13th, 2009 16:00

. "So any ideas or suggestions as to what I can try other than reinstalling the whole thing?"

If your talking reinstall the entire server, bit drastic...

Symantec has been sloppy in their programming for many years, tons of registry entries, which do not clean up properly, incomplete java programming 

Has Symantec support offered you a utility to remove all Symantec products from the server?, believe it is "cleanwipe"; beware cleanwipe removes ALL Symantec programs . Once used, reboot, see if  issues exist, you may still need to search the registry for    Symantec      and remove all the entries found; legacy entries are not deletable . You may also need to delete all folders relating to Symantec in \program files , \program files\common, your temp directories, \application data. I would uninstall the Dell Management software also. Then reinstall your Symantec products and Dell software (reboot before hand).

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

August 26th, 2009 08:00

Hello, so I'm new to the Dell Management Console and have recently installed it on a trial basis. I have to say there's a lot of plug-ins and for someone who's not used to it, it does get confusing. Anyways, so my problem is that I renamed my Administrator account, and now I have problems even getting the Dell Management Console page. On clicking the Dell Management Console icon, I get the Symantec Management Server Error page and I have tried doing what the page suggests, but in vain. I did change all the services to start using the new adminstrator name, and they do start, however that doesn't work either. So any ideas or suggestions as to what I can try other than reinstalling the whole thing? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, thanks for the post.

Please review FAQ item #16.3 and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Rob

P.S. I generally spend my time over in the DMC specific forum.  So you may consider using this for any new posts.  Thx!

No Events found!