Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 9th, 2010 05:00

2.2 in January? Really Dell....Why lie?

So does anyone from Dell want to explain the below pictures? These are internal emails, I think you should explain to me and others waiting on the 2.2 update as to why you say its coming before December 31st and both these emails state January.

4 Posts

I just saw this, too. Between this delay and AT&T consistently changing their story on 3G in my area, I'm thisclose to putting the thing on eBay. Already sold my husband's a few weeks back. I love this phone because of its size, but come on... don't say end of 2010, then December 2010, blah, blah... :(

1 Message

I came here to ask the same question.

Why did you have to flat out lie? I just don't understand that. How difficult it is to just say it as it is?

It would have been really tough for us to wait two months after your original November 15th announcement, but I'd get over it.

However, being lied to about this made me hoping and hoping and check the update manually pretty much everyday for the past month. And now we found out that you've known all along that it's not coming out for us (AT&T) until next month but chose to lie to us about it. This just irritates me exponentially more.

I bought my Streak full price directly from Dell. Don't you at least have the decency to tell me the truth?

I'm very disappointed here. Amy, Lionel, or whoever is being tasked to deal with this right now, please respond!

17 Posts

December 9th, 2010 06:00

I would probably honestly not be as mad if they would just come out and say when they are really releasing it. I don't understand why they cant do that, telling us a certain date and then changing it is what ticks people off. Set a date and stick to it

16 Posts

December 9th, 2010 07:00

you can actually thank att. since this is there call as to the release. att has to approve the release and they send it back to dell and say sure that looks good.

17 Posts

December 9th, 2010 07:00

At&t is not the ones that told us the date to expect it out. If the issue is with at&t why can't Dell come out and tell us? Don't make a promise you cant keep.

December 9th, 2010 15:00

@wrightc88 and others on this thread, I just published a blog post on this topic. You can see it here: http://dell.to/dWRBtU

December 10th, 2010 13:00

when is the uk o2 locked streak update coming out please? im sick of hearing about att or whatever it is, there is another service provider with customers wanting updates, with no answers . baseband ending in 21 (O2 uk!)

No Events found!