Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2014 02:00

7130 V Pro Bios update refuses

The never ending attempt to update my Bios....I have updated everything else on my system and went to double check my Bios after still having some annoying hardware issues and saw I was on the original bios STILL.

I have a Dell Venue 11 Vpro 7130 with A05 bios on the system. Any version of Bios update I attempt to run restarts my system after "installing" and the bios update does not get applied. It still remains on A05.

I have tried the following Bios in this order: 12,11,10,8,6,5,, 12, 11

Still no luck. When trying to run the bios update the pop up says something along the lines of currnet bios installed: A05 (no manifest found).

Please help :(

14 Posts

September 11th, 2014 13:00

Anybody?

I can't even get the camera to work anymore and have attempted every system restore date available...

14 Posts

September 17th, 2014 15:00

Intel management engine also has an exclamation mark and I've updated all drivers minus the bios to the latest one.

Does anyone have any ideas at all?

73 Posts

September 17th, 2014 20:00

There is a way to do it, but you have to extract the BIOS from the original executable and use the Intel Flash Programming Tool, fptw.exe (obtained elsewhere) and you can flash the BIOS bin file.  You also upgrade the ME as well.  If you don't know what you are doing you can and probably will brick your system.

14 Posts

September 18th, 2014 07:00

Thanks Daniel.

Seems self explanatory, third party tool to rip the bin file from the .exe to flash bios. Use intel's flash programming tool to then flash the bios with the bin file that was ripped and pray to god that the install wizard doesn't crash and brick my system essentially.

Seeing as I'm not getting anywhere with support as they refuse to talk to me whatsoever without my service tag ( who puts a serial on the back of a sticker on a tablet with cheap ink which rubs off!? Dell.) This is my only option. Thank you.

14 Posts

September 18th, 2014 11:00

Can't find any programs that can extract the bin the from exe.....They all fail.

Blasted compression/security. 

73 Posts

September 18th, 2014 12:00

To extract it, run the BIOS executable, look in your temp folder in your profile.  You will find the BIOS files in a folder.  To get your service tag/serial number: run in a command prompt: "wmic bios get serialnumber" without the quotes and it will return the system tag.

73 Posts

September 19th, 2014 10:00

FYI...
A13 BIOS has been released: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us...l-venue-11i-pro&languageCode=EN&categoryId=BI

Fixes & Enhancements
Fixes :
- Fixed issue where video distortion on tablet with HDMI monitor connected.
- Fixed issue where external USB keyboard and mouse is not working properly in pre-boot environment.
- Fixed issue where system still can be waked on wireless LAN form hibernation when wake on LAN function has been disabled.

Enhancement :
- Improved fan noise when system in idle.
- Improved touch panel functionality in pre-boot environment.
- Improved battery discharge behavior.
- Improved PXE boot functionality.
- Updated to the 4228.26 version of ePSA diagnostics.
- Updated to the MOB_P_39 version of the Intel microcode patch.
- Enhanced security function.

14 Posts

September 19th, 2014 11:00

Cheers Dan,

Service tag is ripped out of the system btw. PXE boot fresh install and person ripped out all the service tag/express code information and it's all blank. They renamed it dllvue11 or something along those lines as it's a dell venue 11 which brings up a dell optiplex system

22 Posts

September 26th, 2014 05:00

Hi Daniel NTX,

I have tried to run the Venue Pro 11 (7130) BIOS update file until the last stage which the windows will reboot, but I failed to find where the actual BIOS bin file is saved in the tablet. Can you please point me to the right direction?

Many thanks for your help!

Best regards,

14 Posts

September 26th, 2014 07:00

He said to check the temp files which are generally under windows/temp and user\appdata\local\temp.

Under both of these locations though no files are generated prior to the reboot. When checking this after the system starts up again having done nothing to the system these folders still don't contain anything of use/relating to the bios update.

My camera still also doesn't work. I believe I've ran every single driver update that will run from Dell's site too.

My intel management engine interface version is version: 9.5.15.1730 which is greater than the .1724 available on their site. This was upgraded as the previous version had an exclamation mark as does this one as well. The Trusted platform module 2.0 also has an exclamation mark. Both of these "devices" have a code 10 error.

I have also given this to a local laptop/tablet repair shop who couldn't get this to run either and Dell refuse to help me as I am unable to supply the service tag number even if I offer to pay them to fix the tablet.

I'm at my Witts ends and really starting to wish I just bought this myself and bought a Surface instead. If this doesn't get sorted soon/some sort of input from Dell I will seriously have to look into ceasing all purchases of Dell servers at our company and going back to Lenovo.

15 Posts

October 20th, 2014 09:00

I am having trouble getting my Venue 11 Pro to wake on a wired LAN. I have Enabled Wake on Magic Packet but it didn't have any effect.

Can you help me or direct me somewhere that explains what I need to do.

No Events found!