Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

October 13th, 2017 11:00

Android Device Random Power Off Issues

After extensive research of ANDROID DEVICE RANDOM POWER OFF issues, it appears the problem is NOT necessarily with the device hardware or some recently installed app. Every, and I repeat, every manufacture of android devices whether phones or tablets have this issue dating back to the origin of Android OS. Even Googles Chrome OS on Chromebooks and Nexus phones running Android suffer this BUG.

Articles on a few computer oriented sites point to the fact that Google has no fix for this issue. To see for myself I checked out Android's power management scheme on their developers website. The power management scheme is so complex with the goal of maximizing battery life, therefore complicated, it is no wonder a fix has never been forthcoming.

Maybe, just maybe, this could be one reason Dell specializes in Windows 10 devices and no longer manufactures Android devices??? Enjoy your Android device until it dies then consider Apple or Microsoft's Windows 10 devices. At least these companies are able and willing to fix serious operating system problems.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with any computer company, just someone who has been involved with computing for 40 years.

No Responses!
No Events found!