Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AC

August 28th, 2013 23:00

Dell Latitude 10 Screen Flicker

I have recently got a Latitude 10 with HSDPA+ modem and Win8 Pro. Upgraded to latest A06 BIOS and Intel drivers. I have noticed one annoying problem - the screen flickers when the brightness is set to less than 30%, especially noticeable with 0% brightness. It is most prominent in the dark environment and when scrolling an Internet Explorer window with some text .

Enabling or disabling "adjust screen brightness automatically" in General PC Settings makes no difference to the flicker.

I am wondering if anyone else noticed similar behaviour or my unit is defective.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

5 Posts

September 26th, 2013 17:00

I have had the same issue.  I have just increased the brightness to get around this but I'm also wondering whether I have a defective unit because my Latitude is a refurb.  Anyone else?

October 1st, 2013 08:00

I have the same issue.  I have a new (received in end of August) latitude 10 essentials. It has a noticeable flicker in low light setting (i.e. reading in a dark room). 

I have not tried increasing the brightness yet.

I was wondering if this is a hardware issue specific to my unit, or something that I should try to exchange the unit to eliminate.  Apparently at least some others have the same issue.  Anyone else?

Allen Townsend

No Events found!