Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2016 02:00

Dell Latitude Rugged 12 (7202)

Hello,

Trying to PXE boot this machine...

• Press F12
  • Select Onboard NIC

It's booting but when I hit the PXE part and it's time for a second F12 it doesn't respond and fials.

I don't experience this problem with the oder models we have.

Any ideas?

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

February 1st, 2016 15:00

I checked and I didn't find any warnings on the 7202 not being able to PXE boot.   You almost certainly will have both "enable Legacy Option-ROM's" and "enable UEFI Network Stack" checked under Advanced Boot Options in the BIOS but if not that should help.

I will be shooting you a friendship request to get your information. 

Are you using the rugged tablet desk dock or the extended IO module, what type of setup are you using? Let me know and I will research this further. 

TB

February 1st, 2016 22:00

Hello Terry,

I tried both the dock and the IO module with the same result.

It's like the tablet don't respond to F12 during PXE, when it fails and says "hit any key to restart your..." I still cannot press F12 to have it restarted nor can I press F11 but it respods to restart if I press F10.

//Peter

February 1st, 2016 23:00

OK so this is it....

Legacy boot using onboard nic doesn't work using F12 but if "enable UEFI Network Stack" is checked (it wasn't) then I'm able to boot using UEFI boot /onboard NIC (IPv4).

Thanks Terry for putting me in the right direction.

//Peter

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

February 2nd, 2016 13:00

Good to read, I am glad that I was able to help out.

TB

2 Posts

February 11th, 2016 07:00

Does this only work with a docking station?  We use the USB Ethernet adapter with the ASIX chipset to PXE boot our Venue 11s, but I don't see any NIC at all in the BIOS as a boot option using this adapter.  I have both options you mentioned above checked with Secure Boot disabled.  I've also upgraded the BIOS to A5, but not sure if that is the newest.  Please help!

828 Posts

February 16th, 2016 17:00

I'm checking with our rugged quality guy for an answer...

1 Message

September 14th, 2016 18:00

I am in the same situation.  We have the Latitude Rugged 12 tablet (7202) and I am not able to get it to boot PXE.  All it shows in the Boot options is CD/DVD, USB, Windows Boot and Hard Drive.

I do have a docking station (via USB connection) that has mouse/keyboard and ethernet connection on it.  However, it appears the boot does not see the docking station until Windows 10 Pro is loaded.

I am not able to press F12 or F2 to get to Bios - only way to get to the Bios is to press the Volume Down button when Dell Logo appears.  I do not know what the Bios version is, I will check tomorrow.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  What I am trying to do is to get the Rugged 12 (7202) to boot to PXE so that I can use the Fog 1.2.0 server to create the inventory and upload the disk for imaging for future deployment.

Thank you all for any insights.

2 Posts

July 26th, 2018 13:00

I tried using the cable masters dongle, but even after using this I am still unable to see any other option in the legacy boot sequence but the Internal HDD. I tried changing the boot sequence to make USB be at the top but nothing changes, as well as I am only seeing 4 options in the legacy boot sequence and none of these options says anything about NIC. I see the NIC in the UEFI boot sequence but this goes nowhere and keeps repeating once i select it.

Any assistance to get this resolved would be good.

No Events found!