Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2011 13:00

Dell Streak 7 Locks up,,has power but will not turn on or off.. what to do??

I just got my Streak from Dell just over a month ago.  This is the second time this has happened.. not sure whats going on.  It has power , you can tell because the sidebar is lit up  but cant get anything to come on the screen at all. I have tried to turn it off but that does not work. Last time this happened I had to wait an entire day for the battery to run down and then recharge it for it to work again. I just downloaded the upgrade to honeycomb a few days ago and some of the apps dont work now which is a total bummer. Dont much care for the way the widgets are used in this upgrade.. Will let the battery run down again and see what happens..wondering if this has happened to anyone else do I just have a bad defective model or what.  If this keeps up will definitely be sending this in for service..

5 Posts

March 18th, 2013 08:00

Did you try all the updates ( Honeycomb and then the updates to Honeycomb? ). I know I posted above that I wanted to sell mine, but since then I started using it a lot, so I kept it. Haven't had any issues with it since the Honeycomb + updates.

2 Posts

March 19th, 2013 11:00

My Streak takes about 1-2 minutes to come up with the Dell logo showing.  

March 19th, 2013 12:00

I have had this problem before ..... the solution is real easy just open the side pannal ware the SD card is .....on the left you will see a small pin hole that is the reset button if it frezzes or stops working just use a pin or some thing small to fit in it you will feel the click...... after you do this hold the power button for 10 seconds and that will restart your streak 7 and your all done...

your friend Dagmarr

July 15th, 2014 01:00

I was having a the same issue with this Dell tablet as well, and could not figure out what was going on with it. I also tried what you suggested another person should try. And to my surprise, it ended up working. I wanted to know what is the best thing to download so that I am able to get a better performance out of this Dell Streak 7. I am new to this, and I was looking for as much help as possible. I would really appreciate it. THANKS
No Events found!