Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2011 13:00

Dell Streak 7 on 3.2 need to know how to Calibrate the screen.

Hi All,

Before I call Dell I thought I would try here. I have a Streak 7 that I have updated to 3.2. There is about 1 inch on the left side of the screen that does not react to touch. I thought I would simply try and recalirate the screen first but can not find anywhere that tells me how. I have tried holding the volume and power button but when the choices come up there is not one to calibrate. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

126 Posts

December 2nd, 2011 16:00

hi i just checked mine and yep the calibration option is removed in honeycomb?? im think its maybe nolonger needed for the honeycomb tablet software since we have capacitive screens ,similary my nokia n8 has no calibration optons,,i suggest you try the fatory reset may refresh your screens setup Goodluck ;)

1 Message

January 9th, 2012 19:00

I just got a Dell Streak 7 with Honeycomb 3.2 with the same problem...a dead area of about an inch on the left of the screen.  Or to be more precise...on the side of the screen where you plug in the USB cable.  I find no way to calibrate the screen, and no answer to this problem.  I hope someone finds an answer!

For a workaround, I simply flip the Streak 90 or 180 degrees, whichever works, and then the dead zone is on the other side.  But I'm constantly flipping the tablet around and it's a hassle.  

A hard reset did no good.  And sometimes that dead area is sensitive for a few seconds.  Very strange.

If anyone has ideas of what to do, we'd appreciate it.

1 Message

January 17th, 2012 03:00

Exactly the same problem. Any fix on this yet?

No Events found!