Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 26th, 2011 22:00

Dell Streak ring tone

I got the Dell Streak recently and tried to start setting up ring tones to people in my contacts.

I was able to change one to a custom ringtone but now I can't change any of them anymore. I can bring up the list see my ringtones select it and select OK but it will not change from the default ringtone. (I'm not sure if setting up a google gmail account around that time has something to do with it).

Anybody out there experienced this issue?

78 Posts

July 4th, 2011 10:00

That would be irritating, i see what you are saying.  I am on android 2..2 (not 2.2.2) build 15697 base; GAUSB1a15331-US.  I was on 2.2 (build 14844) which i think is the  best for me... the update to 15697 seem to have effected my volume a lot.   I just got a second Streak (still on 14844) for the second line and it is as crisp and loud as can be.

Back to your ringtone issue:

Phone Ringtone:

Are you able to reassign the tablet/phone ringtone successfully with no problem?

Contact Ringtone:

Do you have a ringtone maker on your streak? I have Ringdroid.  Can you try this:

1. Open Ringdroid load any mp3

2. Name and Save the ringtone.....

3. In Ringdroid, it has an option to "Save to Contact"

4. Can you try to see if you can assign a contact ringtone this way?  I know its tedious but could be a workaround.

There must be some setting thts not allowing you to do so the conventional way

78 Posts

July 4th, 2011 07:00

Not at all.  So you can see your conacts right?  

1. When you bring up a contact on the screen (and see "Call mobile" as one of your options, do you next:

2. Click the middle menu button on the right side of the streak (the button that looks like 3 stacked squares)?

3. Do you next see the menu pop up at the bottom of the screen and chose "Options"?

4. At Ringtone Default, do you click the down arrow ?

5. What does your next screen display? mine displays all the ringtones saved on my streak?

Let us know?

4 Posts

July 4th, 2011 09:00

Yes to all you’ve mentioned. Step No. 5 shows all my ringtones too. I scroll down to the one I want  and touch it, the button on the right is highlighted and I hear the ringtone. I touch OK. I’m brought back out to Options where the ringtone still indicates “Default”. No matter what ringtone I choose it will not change from default.

I’ve only been able to do this to one contact where it is the ringtone I set. But I just now tried to change it and it will not change either. This is really pissing me off.

What version of Android are you using?

4 Posts

July 5th, 2011 15:00

I downloaded and tried Ringdroid. Not sure why it's not working the conventional way but your solution worked. Thanks.

78 Posts

July 5th, 2011 16:00

BC, glad it worked.  Such a tedius way, but glad it worked.  Did you say you have done a factory reset? Wonder if that will clear whatever salll hickup is going on....

4 Posts

July 7th, 2011 15:00

No I haven't tried the factory reset. SInce the ringdroid worked I'm happy. Thanks again.

No Events found!